Saturday, August 29, 2015

Rest In Peace, Mr Yap BT

270815-290815

So, today, my father-in-law was laid to rest at the Hokkien Cemetery in KL. 

He passed away at around 245am, on an early morning, exactly a month before he would have turned 80 years old. Hubby got to meet his father at the hospital at around 1030pm, a few hours before father-in-law's last breath.

It was unfortunate that my two sons never got to know the grandfather that shares the same surname as them.

It was actually Mason's first time meeting that side of the family, at his grandfather Yap's wake last Thursday. I am not even sure if my father-in-law even knew about Mason's existence...

Anyway, since my father-in-law had passed away, I would only like to mention about the fairly good memories of how and when I knew him back then..

He actually bought an extra pao for me as breakfast when I first sleptover with Hubby, who was then my bf, when he saw an extra pair of shoes at his door. 

How I called him 'lou yeh' (old man) during the tea ceremony because my Cantonese pronounciation were really horrendous. Still am. 

Jaden's first ride home was fetched by his grandfather Yap in the Mercedes c-200... Jaden, his first grandson.. 

And that was it.. how I knew him.. 

Hoped my father-in-law found peace before he left.

Rest In Peace, father-in-law.

No comments: