Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A strand of Grey in 2014

At 30 going 31, I discovered I have already sported a strand of grey hair.

Oh no!

and also, I am now sporting a really really short haircut, first in my life! Having a boy-cut style.

I needed a change and since my hair was dropping like mad (post-natal delivery) and I am trying to keep myself away from going for rebonding and colouring so to have it short is the way to go.

I have always wanted to find out how I will look with such short hair and hey, I was not disappointed at all.

BUT before getting what I wanted, I had to go through 4 days of bad haircut days.

I went to the salon, asking for the Ginnifer Goodwin cut. The hairstylist of course replied me saying it is too short for me and she recommended another cut.


           


Seeing that she is a professional, I said I trusted her and let her snip away.

Little did I know, when I saw the final product, I could not even lift my head up. I was that embarrassed and I tried to do positive thinking, trying to convince myself that it was the first day cut that I may not be used to or maybe I could style it up...

Well, I did go with a friend and when she saw me, she did not look happy with my cut. I don't blame her. I was not happy either.



Came home, tried to convince myself still but I just could not take it anymore by the second day.

I was extremely upset, so I sat down and wrote an email to the salon telling them how I am upset and I would want a restyle.

It was Saturday evening then. On Sunday, there was still no reply from them, I facebooked messaged them there instead.

They are closed on Mondays.




On Tuesday, my friend has agreed to accompany me to go to the salon and ask them to rectify the issue but before we could make our way there, the hairstylist had called me, saying that she has received my email and if she could restyle it back for me.

Told her I will be there in half hour and there I was, being hair pampered again (hair wash and blow) and then.. the cut!

My friend sat down beside me, making sure I get the cut I wanted.. or at least something similar, seeing that my hair texture is rather thick and wiry.

So.. final product...

TADAAAAAA.....


I am rather pleased with it and well, hopefully I am hardworking enough to style it with wax. =)

What do you think about my new look?

No comments: