Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stomach Flu

Last week was the worst week of my life thus far in 2014.

Don't read any further if you have food in your mouth or is planning to eat as this post will make your hurl!

First, it was Jaden who was down with diarrhea and he had it real bad. Well, I thought it was read bad until I had mine, which was 100% worse and I am glad it was me instead of him.

Last Friday night was when it all started and I suspect that it was because of the nasi kandar and papadom we had.

Jaden had the papadom and after that he sharted (fart+shit) and by night come, he blasted his whole diaper full until it overflowed out onto the floor. I was very embarrassed as it happened at my friend's house and she cleaned it up for us. I was very very sure she will never pick up my calls again but luckily, she still does. *phew* Thank you so much, you know who you are!

Then later that night around 3am, I rushed out of the room and puked every single grain of nasi kandar out and my whole body started trembling so bad.

The whole body was shaking, as though after I just gave birth. I could not control the shaking at all until I went into the bathroom and bathed myself with the water heater turned as hot as it can be.

By morning come, I was already parking myself in the toilet, doing porcelain runs and it was back-to-back episodes until I felt super dehydrated. I did not even had anything to eat at all that day. 

I was really scared that my breastmilk supply might just drop to zero, but luckily it did not.

I continued breastfeeding Mason as usual, but I made sure I kept myself cleaned up properly with lots of soap and scrubbing.

On Sunday morning, Hubby bought me 100 plus to help rehydrate my body which has lost so much fluid and sharts, too were happening every now and then. It was really tiring, embarassing and energy draining. I still had to attend to Mason's needs and Jaden. Luckily Hubby could handle more of Jaden for me. I definitely will faint if I were to take on the two boys totally on my own.

Porcelain runs went on still until about Wed morning, which I believe was the last run, after pooing foamy frothy looking poos. Farts were very very smelly and I stank up the whole house the night before with it. Smells worse than something dead!

So for the last two days, I have been eating just plain porridge with salted egg. That was it and drinking lots of yoghurt drinks, eating yoghurt and plain water. I dare not take any oily, fried or spicy food and I think I will be avoiding those for some time.

I did not go to the doctor although there were times I was really tempted too but after reading up on the net, there is nothing much the doc can do about the virus in the tummy. It is a virus after all and virus just don't get killed.. its how you maintain the body gut flora to help battle it and speaking of gut flora, its time to buy myself probiotics to take. 

Just today, I pooed semi-solids and I have never been happier to see solids. I am just praying that I am recovered from last week's nasty episode. An episode I don't want to have a re-run!

No comments: