Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mason @ 7 weeks old

Mason turns 7 weeks old today. 

Last Monday, we took him to his paed to have his third shot of oral Vit-K shot. He was weighing in at 5.12kg and grew up to 60cm long. 

Mason has set a morning wake-up schedule for himself and that is waking up at 8am everyday. Its a good and a bad thing for me as Jaden's waking up schedule is also supposed to be at 8am to prepare for school. Unless Hubby wakes up the same time and help me entertain Mason, then I can quickly feed Jaden his breakfast and give him his bath before breastfeeding Mason a little and off, all three of us for school.

I am still trying to wake up earlier, at about 7am to feed Mason but it seems that when he is really sleepy, nothing I do can make him open up his cute little mouth for feed.

Sometimes the little baby will cry half way on the way to school and I can only feed him after I drop Jaden off at school. With my nursing poncho ever ready in my bag, I will be parking my car beside the school and feed Mason before driving home again. The beauty of breastfeeding -food is always ready for the baby in the right temperature, and also on the go.. the downside of it? Well, maybe sometimes you will be flashing people some unwanted sight or have all those pervs trying to see what you are doing. Its worse when you have a struggling baby who fights with the breast, not sure why they do that for but its rather silly when they want the breast yet they fight it.

Mason is quite a morning baby as he would flash me the biggest smile ever always in the morning and seems very much talkative at that hour. Its really cute to be engaged in a conversation with a baby but mind you, entertaining one can really drain your energy down to 0%. ;p

I have learnt to read some cues from Mason such as when he pulls away from the breast, despite suckling on and off. That would mean that he is already full and all he wants is to rest or wants to be carried upright.

I would still put Mason to nap on his tummy as it allows him to nap longer although these two three days, the magic seem to have worn off.

Just yesterday, he refused to sleep since 12pm and finally burst into a screaming crying frenzy for being too overly tired and finally konked out for nap from 6pm to 830pm.

Mason, is a bit more clingy compared to Jaden. He wants to be carried all the time, which Hubby said was all my fault for spoiling him.

I beg to differ as somehow I see babies and their growing years a little different. I want to be able to cherish all these baby moments and savor every second that I get to spend with them as they grow. 

I am trying my best to be more patient and learning how to talk in a nicer way to Jaden. I still fail from time to time at that because it angers me to see Jaden chin himself so hard when he gets frustrated. 

Other than that, Jaden has been such a gem in tolerating his baby brother's unreasonable cries. I am still not use to not attending to Jaden's need in an instant but these are what I have to learn as a mother of two. Must remind myself, I am no longer a mother of 1 but 2 and have to see to both their needs instead of just 1.

Mason can hold his head or rather, he wants to hold his own head up now. So I do tend to carry him upright or let him do more tummy time, whenever we can and he seems to be enjoying it too.

Our next paed appointment just to check up on Mason's growth and development would be in April, when he is 4 months going 5 months old. Wonder what surprises he has in store for us by then? Would he be able to roll over by then or sit when propped up? 




No comments: