Saturday, November 2, 2013

Just one more ...

Yesterday, I had the luxury of walking around The Curve on my own to check out the remaining to-get item on my list -Baby cot / Baby Playpen.

Actually, I do already have one that my friend borrowed me but since it was only at the play level, and not where I can comfortably just pick the baby up from his sleep, I had to return it back to my friend as it was really not practical.. especially when baby is still a newborn or few months old.

Hubs said to go get one of our own, a playpen so it would be more convenient for us to move baby around the house, or from room to room as we are actually space-constricted right now in this house of mine.

I chanced upon this deal, RM1599 for a Graco playard, that comes with a bassinet that just fits right into what I was planning for. Just a nice fit into the bedroom, and the playpen cum cot can be put outside in the living room area.

I asked for the membership discount and was told there would be a 10% so well, its great news isn't it. So I mentioned that I would be back with my husband tomorrow, to get it.

I left an important question out or rather the salesperson did not inform me of the most vital point!

SO, today, early morning, after dropping Jaden off in school, I returned to get Hubs to go with me to The Curve to get the cot.

Then, only we found out that the shop and the other branch at Paradigm ran out of stock. The only stock left is the display unit and we don't want that, do we?

My heart dropped! Such a disappointment and that means more searching around for the right fit and love at first sight again.

So Hubs and I went about to run his work errand, and while waiting for him in the car, I googled for the same product, if anyone else carries it.

Just my luck, I chanced upon this website that carries it. Called them immediately to ask about their pricing and if its in stock.. and if there are any discounts.. 

Yeap, me just being Malaysian and thankfully I asked because the same product that they are selling, and yes, it is in stock.. it is selling at an even better price. 40% discount!

Asked them their whereabouts and as soon as Hubs came into the car, I told him the good news and then I started figuring when should I head there. We still have quite a lot of places to run, in such short time frame before it is time to pick Jaden up.

Luck was really on our side, and we made it through the lunch/Friday prayer hours along the Federal Highway and well, lets just say, the playpen/cot is now ours! Paid and taken away and is now sitting comfortably in Jaden's therapy room, waiting to be unbox. 

Lets just say, even with the 10% discount given by the shop at The Curve, we are saving about RM400 more with this new place I discovered. So, it really turned out to be a blessing in disguise that the shop at The Curve had no stock. 

So what is this cot that I am so happy that I got for baby no.2?

Well, this is the one... 



                             


I know the duration of how long a baby can sleep inside the cot, and also the baby will outgrow the cot in no time, but it would be good enough till our place is done up middle of next year, hopefully. 

So for now, there is just one more thing to get and that would be.. 

pic taken from my friend's fb but you get the idea.. baby clothes storage drawers




No comments: