Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nesting mode at 34 weeks

A sense of panic came over me all of a sudden. 

I have never had this feeling before, not when I was pregnant with Jaden.

I could still remember how relax I was, even till the day Jaden was born.. not once was I worried about if I had everything ready, enough clothes and diapers, wipes and etc.

Now, with this second pregnancy, like I had said countless of times, its the total opposite from my first pregnancy.

This time round, it seems that Hubby is much more relax than I am, while I am running around town, looking out for best deals and also, to my liking.. but that means much more uncontrollable spending. Oops!

It was just my luck that Aeon Bandar Utama were having their Aeon Card Day and that means diapers are priced so awesome, that you can't get it cheaper anywhere else. 

Right after my fortnightly gynae checkup at the hospital, I send Hubby down into the 'housewives' war zone' to grab 6 packet of Mamypoko diapers for Jaden. Unfortunately, my 6 year old is still not fully toilet-trained, hence we still have to buy diapers for him.

The next day, it was my turn to head into that war zone but I went prepared. 

I had a friend who came along with me so that we can fill up carts after carts of what I needed.

Lets just say, in the end, I got another 6 packets of large Mamypoko diapers for Jaden, 2 packets of newborn, 2 packets of S sized Mamypoko and 2 packets of S sized Merries diapers. I also got 4 packets of 150sheets of Pureen babywipes refill packs and 2 packets of 2x100sheets of babywipes. Should be enough for baby and Jaden, I guess but babywipes are usually at a priced reasonably at Aeon, so that I am not very worried about. It was the diapers that is the driving point for me to go into the 'warzone'. 


Now lets go over my checklist:-

1) Baby stroller
2) Baby car seat
3) Diapers
4) Baby wipes
5) Baby body shampoo & shampoo
6) Baby bath sponge
7) Baby nail clipper
8) Baby bathtub
9) Baby towels
10) Baby blanket
11) Newborn pillows
12) First Years secure sleepers
13) Baby clothes
14) Maternity pads
15) Disposable linen sheets
16) Post-maternity girdle/corset
17) Baby booties and mittens
18) Baby hats
19) Baby Koyabashi fever patch (for emergency purposes)
20) Baby washing detergent
21) Baby utensil dishwashing liquid
22) Baby bottles
23) Sterilizers
24) Breast pump
25) Washable breast pads
26) Baby bottle warmer
27) Bottle teats
28) Handkerchiefs
29) Diaper changing mat
30) Baby bedsheet and pillowcase
31) Baby playpen mattress
32) Jaden's bouncer (those traditional ones)
33) Baby cotton buds and cotton wipes

I have only just started on baby laundry yesterday and have a few more batches to go before I am done with it.

The things that I still need to go get before I can really relax would be either a playpen ala babycot or a real baby cot, one more set of bed crib set (if i get a cot in the end) and the most important one, confinement herbal stuff (such as red date drinks and herbal shower stuff)

Then, I can truly say, I am ready for baby no.2's arrival.

Wait, before that, of course, I need to write out my birth plan and also pack the hospital bag and get my parents down a week or two before I am due.. *sigh*

So for now, I am still very much in a panic mode. Doesn't help much with me forgetting some things here and there with my very much pregnant brain! 

Wish me luck and hoping baby will arrive either on EDD or a few days later.. 

p/s: crap I forgot all about baby drawers to keep his clothes and stuff.. crap crap crap!

No comments: