Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fabulous weekend

Last weekend had been a fabulous weekend where I got to spend time with a few of my closest girlfriends who came up from Penang and Johor and also, one who flew back from Japan. 


Lets talk about that Penang girl first, shall we?

It was her birthday weekend and since she was going to be stuck in Malaysia, instead of celebrating with her two boys, she decided KL would be a better place to celebrate her birthday instead of Penang and there were already two of us, Evon and I in KL waiting for her.

We tried persuading PC to fly in from Singapore too but since it was on a very short notice, that woman could not make it but another one of our girlfriends, SChee, flew down on Saturday evening right after work and stayed over a night with WW at my place to celebrate WW's birthday.

WW flew in on Friday morning, and what we did mostly on that day was to eat and hangout with Jaden. We ate at places I have eyed but never got the chance to really tried, and went places where I won't really have any reasons to go to with my boys, especially when it comes to going into KL at night.








I took her to Publika on Saturday as she has only heard of it but never been there, and we met up with Adrian for brunch. Adrian, too, hails from Penang, and it was just nice that Jaden was with me most of the time except for Saturday night.

We ate at Swine, and I felt so happy when I found some nitrate free, preservative organic bacon and bratwurst that I can give Jaden at the supermarket. 

I left WW in the care of Adrian while I headed home with Jaden first, to prepare him his dinner so that all his father had to do was to babysit him and not worry about cooking dinner for the little boy. Bought late lunch and dinner for the father too, so I can just go out with my girls without worrying what my boys will be having for their dinner.




Our fun night started out at about 730pm, when we both went to Subang airport to picked up SChee and headed to Le Midi's @ BSC where I made reservations earlier and had them prepare a surprise cake/candle blowing session for WW after dinner.







It was Mediterranean/Italian cuisine with a view of the pink-lit KLCC and KL Tower. What mattered most was our company. The three of us, just chatting, catching up and doing what we do best, taking photos and enjoying good food. 









WW was sure surprised when the waitress sneaked up from behind with a little birthday cake and they even played the birthday song over the restaurant music system. =)







It was really nice to see the smile on my friend's face as she made her birthday wish.





Then, we all moved on to Marini's 57 where, I have heard so much of but never been or seen it before, and had another school friend to join us there.





We were lucky to be able to witness KLCC being all lit up in beautiful pink light to commemorate Breast Awareness. 

Since our main intention was just to go for the view, and some photos and go oohh aahhhs over KL skyline, all of us ordered non-alcoholic drink except for the birthday girl while waiting for another schoolmate to come over with his wife to join us.






Once they arrived, and a few more photos and a drink each for the couple, we left the place as it was getting crowded and more people were smoking. Not good for me, the pregnant lady... 







We continued our catching up and laughed our asses off with Edwin entertaining us at the Mandarin Oriental lounge, where we had tea, juices and desserts.









It sure was a fun night, and I am sure the birthday girl did enjoy herself much. We left for home close to 130am and reached home half hour later. Lets just say all of us konked out in an hour after washing up for bed.








The next morning, Edwin and his wife took their daughter to come join us for a quick brunch at Sunway Giza. Again, I have to leave both SChee and WW this time in his hands, while I rushed home to feed my boy and then, drove all the way to Subang to pick up Joy and Marc back to my place.

Yes, the start of the second batch of friends for the day at my place.

It sure was hectic around that two hours of driving here and there but it was all good. Not only was it just Edwin who joined both SChee and WW for brunch, another older schoolmate, whom I just found out stayed really near to me too, joined them and thankfully, she offered to help me drop both SChee and WW at Subang airport for their flight back to Penang.

I sure missed them both already even before they stepped out from my door.

Then, while waiting for the Johorean to arrive with her little girls and mother, Joy helped me prepare the cooking ingredients so when the Johorean arrives, she can start her cooking for us as she promised.

Turned out to be it was aunty that did all the cooking and washing up while we girls were just catching up and spending time with our children.

The house was really noisy, but a good kind of noisy, though Marc might not really agree with us. We took the kids down for a swim and they sure had a good time. Since I was so heavily pregnant, I decided to be the photographer of the day and took pictures of my happy friends and even happier kids.





Aunty really took care of us well, its almost just like us, taking care of our kids while she took care of us and the grandkids. 

Before we went down for a swim, aunty had already cooked us the tong sui, barley fuchuk dessert. After swimming, we had chicken rice that was awesome! Aunty even made sure that Hubby who was out doing his reno research had some. How awesome can aunty be?

Then we proceeded to Penang One cafe, so the lady who lived in Japan can cross it off her MUST EAT checklist while back in KL -Assam Laksa!








Zairynn drove over to join us and well, it sure was a fun night, with both Sharon's girls being so cute and entertaining. It was just pure cuteness overload coming from her daughters and judging from the children's faces, they were all pooped out by the time we all came to say our goodbyes and till we meet again. 

I, too, was all pooped out and boy, Jaden and I both sure slept like a baby that night.

It really was one fabulous weekend, where both parties really made it to my convenience, coming all the way to my place to hangout instead of asking me to go hang out outside with them.. 

MAD LOVE to my girlfriends for being so accommodating with me. 


No comments: