Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Forgo-ing appearances

I remembered when i was first pregnant with Jaden, I had an issue with dandruff. 

Seems like that was the downside of my pregnancy with Jaden. 

I just seem to have this flakes, that I could scratch off my scalp, that results in pieces and often, they bleed after that or make me just want to pull it off until I needed to tug that few pieces of hair off and that resulted me til this day, a bald patch that never grew hair back in its place. :(

Since my hair was long back then, and I really could not bear to part with those locks, I asked around and proceeded in getting my hair straightened for easy maintenance.

Those who knows me, would know how wild, thick and frizzy my hair could be, resulting me in looking very unkempt and crazy-like.

The dandruff problem did somehow went away on its own after I had my hair done, back at my hometown at that time.. and I was very happy with the results. 

I was 23 going 24 then. I knew about nothing, I knew nothing about what not to really do during pregnancy and what I should be really avoiding when pregnant or after giving birth. I just went with the flow, listening to what modern doctors allow you to do and what the elders said you can or can't do.

Fastforward to today, I see quite a lot of young first time mummies, just like me having their hair dyed, hair treated. I am sure they, too had asked their doctor's permission for the go ahead just like me and was given the green light.

Hey, if I hadn't had Jaden in his situation right now, I would have most probably go do the same thing again because the last thing you want to be critisized about is how aunty your looks has become with pregnancy and motherhood.

What the heck? I am only going 30 and no way, I want to be associated with the women who let themselves go once they get married and become housewives that dressed down in just house clothes. 

BUT

BUT


given the situation and lesson learnt from whatever my husband and I had to go through with Jaden, I no longer give two hoots to people that are talking behind my back, or even at me for how I am letting myself go a bit for this pregnancy.

How I went and have my hair cut short, forgoing my hair treatment and letting my manes be wild for these coming months, maybe until I stop breastfeeding.. stop wearing heels and tube tops because its just not advisable when you have a six year old to chase after and you don't want to embarass yourself in public with the top pulled down if the six year old happen to throw a tantrum... Its only logical to wear flats from the day you are pregnant and when you are out with child/children.

So to those that are saying how much aunty I have become, or have let myself go.. well, I will be more happy to show you my middle finger and I could not care less about your comments. You can go take care of your own look for all I care. All that self-pampering, I will have that time soon, after my baby stops breastfeeding.. and at that time, I shall be in my best primetime thirties with no regrets because for me, my babies come first before me. For their health, I can forgo my looks for them.  

No comments: