Sunday, May 15, 2011

Drama-rama

The weather has been really hot like mad for the past one/two weeks and everyone on twittersphere/facebook was complaining about the heat.

Then, just one day, a really bad smell came hovering by just right at my apartment area. One could smell when the balcony door was opened, or when you stepped right out from the lift.

It smelt as if a perpetual garbage truck was parked right outside the door.

After three days of enduring that odor, Hubby went down to the management office to file his complaint. Asking the management to do a search for the source of that smell.

Many things ran through our mind whenever we caught a sniff of that smell. Both of us suspected that something might be dead but well, of course a dead body did cross our mind but well, how likely could it be like CSI case right?

The next day, Friday 13th, the management sent two people to go source for the smell and they were going from door to door around my floor as they said the smell was pungent most at my floor area.

The next thing I know was that when I was doing my dishes, I heard police siren. Then peeping out of my kitchen window, I saw lots of policemen on the floor below mine.

Told Hubby about it and boy, it sent the shivers down my spine. Our suspicions were confirmed.

There was really a dead body below. The poor deceased man has been dead for days, and with the heat, of course it hasten up the decaying process.

Management fellow managed to find out after following a trail of flies leading to that house.

Poor man was living alone when he had medical issues that left him dead in his own house without anyone knowing.

The drama that unfolded during this Friday 13th really gives me the chill when I think of it yet part of me feels sad for how the man's life ended.

Supposedly his family, landlord has been contacted and proper burial has been given.

God bless his soul. May he now rest in peace.

No comments: