Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Fever

Jaden was having the runny nose and cough previous night. I didn't think much of it but was sure that he might have just caught the flu bug.


However, during his ABA therapy class, his therapist told me that his body seems a little warm and boy, that was like a warning sign to me.


I then, knew he has caught on fever and tried making him drink as much water as he can, and putting on long sleeves and pants for him the whole day.


He had it full fledge going at about 38.1 at night where I had him a quick warm bath, dried him, dressed in his long peejays and put him to bed. Poor thing did not even have much of an appetite. He only had two meals yesterday.


I did not really sleep as I was busy monitoring him every now and then to see if his temperature went up or down. When he fell asleep, I quickly put the koolfever aid on his forehead, hoping it will help a bit. The koolfever aid was gone in the morning! VANISHED! I really wonder if he ate it up! Just kidding!


The boy was also sleeping on and off the whole night through. He woke up at about 7am and was staring at the turing fan, that I quickly shut it off and on the aircon at 26 celcius instead. I didn't want him to space out like that. It would mean bad news to me if he starts staring at things going round again.


His fever subsided by the time he woke up. He slept till about 130pm today. Hope all the sleep helps. His appetite however, is about back to normal, still needs to chase after him to get him to sit down and eat his food. This time round, I gave him half his usual servings because I am scared he might just puke the food out. Not wanting to push my luck, anyway hes eating bit by bit. Better than none anyway.


The cough and phlegm is still there, hand in hand with the runny nose but the fever has gone down. Hopefully it will all go away soon. Now, I am letting him sweat it all out while trying to avoid the drugs at all cost unless it becomes bad. I have the suppository at hand, just in case of emergency but I doubt I have to use it if I just keep making him drink lots of water.


It is really a mother's nightmare to see her son sick like that. Luckily he was not cranky throughout the night ... *phew* touch wood! I hope I didn speak too soon.


As for the boy, I think hes glad he got to skip his remaining class for this week. If only he knows, next week onwards, the hours are increasing for him. oopsie! =)

No comments: