Thursday, August 19, 2010

First attempt at fool-proof baking

It has been sitting in my kitchen cabinet for quite some time now. Everytime I go grocery shopping, I am tempted to get another one, and then another one but I held back because if I do not make use of the one in the kitchen cabinet, I never will make use of the others.




I have the pans, baking paper all ready, ingredients but I dare not start. Maybe I was scared of failing in a way and that would really bring my confidence really low.

BUT enough is enough. I just can't let the oven not put in use. Afterall its thousands of ringgit spend there because I am the one who insisted a MUST to have it in my kitchen and not putting it to use would mean endless lecture till my end of time.

So today, I got everything ready, all gung ho ready to start. I even went and re-bought the right sized baking paper to fit my mini muffin pan.



I did what the instructions told me to do. What I was not sure about, I smsed the baking guru and asked. I am sure she would have puked blood when she saw all my questions because it shouts out nothing but noob noob noob!

Luckily, the end result was not as bad as I thought it would be. Well, although it is a ready-mix muffin satchet which only requires me to add eggs and vege oil/butter and water to it, I can be quite an idiot to fail a fool-proof recipe.




Hubby commented that it does not have much body as in maybe I mixed a little too much water. So next time, less water but all in all, I am very satisfied with the work I have done. I just can't stop popping these cute mini muffins into my mouth. MMM... now I understand why those women who bakes and then just can't stop eating their end results. I am sure if I bake more often, there goes my diet plans to want to fit perfectly into the dresses I have gotten to attend wedding dinners. *sigh*

A satchet of the chocolate muffin I got was just right for 36 mini muffins. I should get more muffin pans now.




o.Oh Shu-Yin, you would love going to this bakery utility shop near my area. Its full of whatever you want over there just for baking... =)

I will probably be trying out more fool-proof baking before actually venturing into virgin grounds of using baking powder, baking soda and everything that needs to shout ORIGINAL / FROM SCRATCH! Seriously, I don't think I can be anymore noober than this. LOL

2 comments:

tanshuyin said...

i think maybe u overmix the batter? that's y less body n tougher muffins?

but they look great la. and im sure they are delicious. all chocolatey stuff are delicious! :)

btw, u shd try making muffins fr scratch. they are damn easy. juz need 2 bowls. dont even need mixer. just a spatula to combine the wet and dry ingredients.

my first few bakes was muffins too. and it gave me confident to continue baking!!!!!!

u want that confident? hehe. go bake muffins fr scratch!!!

blubbieMs said...

Yes Guru! Shall bake from scratch one of these days! Itching to bake again now.. LOL