Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cake anyone?


Today I attempted to bake the super moist chocolate cake with Betty Crocker pre-mix. I went to the bakery utility store and got myself a pack of chocolate chips to put inside the cake I visioned myself baking.

As usual, it should be fool-proof right with pre-mix ingredients where I only need to add 3 eggs, a little water and vege oil/butter.

My niece, who had been staying with me for the past few days helped me scattered some chocolate chips in and smoothen out the batter in the cake pan before we decorated it further with more chocolate chips after the batter was nicely spread out in the cake pan.

This time round, it took about 40 minutes -45 minutes to be nicely done but I got a little carried away with the rack space and it was a rack too high so the top of the cake had a slightly burnt effect and taste of course. *sigh* and to think it is supposed to be fool-proof. Nothing escapes my arsed brain.


Surprisingly it was rather moist inside but since the upper crust was quite hard, Hubby poked fun at me and said everything that I put inside the oven would automatically come out as biscuits instead. *shakes head*

So here, I leave you guys with some pictures. Its one baking attempt that I think I failed. Nevermind, there will be other attempts next time until I master baking a cake from scratch instead of using pre-mix.



For now, I shall just settle for pre-mixes first.. *grin*

No comments: