Friday, June 4, 2010

Whats cooking?

Finally I have ordered gas, got it hooked up to my gas stove and that got me cooking. Finally!

Today is the second day we used the gas stove. Last night, after some knives shopping, I got to make my long awaited bacon-asparagus roll. I have always wanted to make that appetizer dish and my oh my, it turns out just nice although my asparagus were pre-cooked before I have them wrapped around with the sinful bacon.

I have a feeling that the price for asparagus went down because I used to buy a bunchful for RM6.99 but these few days, having looked at the asparagus price, it is selling at RM2 ++ or RM4 ++. Hmm.. it has only been just about a month that I stopped vege shopping and prices have changed?

We have home-cooked bah kut teh today. Village grocer's pork section sell just ready-cut pork meat, pre-packed nicely and well, all I had to do is just to unwrap the plastic, wash the pork meat properly and its straight to marinating and cooking. No more cutting them into cubes and making a bloody mess on the counter top! =)

I guess its back to home-cook meals now, since I no longer have any more excuses not to cook. Gas sudah ada, knives sudah ada, soy sauce and thick caramel sauce ada, salt ada, rice ada, vege if don't have; downstairs got the fresh mart selling them. So, it means no choice but to try to cook almost every day now but well, I like. I just don't really really like the cleaning up part. *gRin*

Last weekend, my girlfriend from Kluang came to my new pad to visit my family and I. Part of her visit was to introduce me to her new boyfriend cum fiance-to-be. Well, he seems rather nice to her and treats her like a princess so I guess if she is happy with him, I will always be happy for her. We went out for some nice Korean meal and drinks later @ Library. I feel like sucha suaku for going into Library for my very first time. The last time I went drinking with friends were at TTDI plaza when Luju was down in town. Anyway it was really nice to be able to catch up with her and I am looking forward to receiving a red envelope soon.

On Sunday, I met up with another friend of mine, this time a high school friend whom I have known since F1 and well, didn't meet up since 2002 because he went off to US. Yes, Gwen, surprisingly Lincoln and I went out for breakfast and we did some catching up. He still looks about the same, with his hair quite long.. not much change but at least he didn't attempt to step on my shoes or was it your shoes he always wanted to step on? We talked about friends who we both caught up with and were just updating each other on what we know. In other words, gossip but well, it was nice lah to be able to meet up with an old friend.

There is three weeks more before Jaden and I fly back home to Penang. This time, we will be in Penang for two whole weeks which I am so looking forward to. I have already applied for his one month suspension from class for the month of July. There is so much eating I want to do and maybe a little shopping when SharonSer meets up with me in Penang.

Well, the house is almost complete. Just that the living room aircon needs seeing to as we suspect there is a leakage in the piping because the air con fails to spew cool air. I am really wondering what is it with aircon and me. We both just won't gel. At the old place, my aircon would be leaking water and stressed me out crazy and now this new aircon just wont give me the cool air I want. BAH!

We have yet to buy a dining table. Soon.. maybe this week, maybe next.. Streamyx still ain't working, still on 3G.. *sigh* so when all these are complete, guess I will be sending out some house warming invitation. So chill ok, my friends?

o.Oh and you know what? I just discovered that Super Junior has a new song and its called "BONOMANA"

Woo hoo.. enjoy!


2 comments:

firefly said...

i missed ur blogs, blog...dun b too long k?

blubbieMs said...

Sorry I have been MIA. Won't be now, till I go back Penang. =)