Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wisdom tooth extracted.. ouch!

My this one tooth has been giving me problems of late. This is the second time in a span of two months and I thought enough is enough. Maybe its really time I have to part with it and so I went to Hubby's dentist, which I kind of find more comfortable to be around with and seek her professional advice.

True enough, that one tooth, which we all call the wisdom tooth, had grew out of my gums in the most unusual manner, which is like above the gum, above the other teeth and is faced in a 90 degree manner, thus my cheeks will always have to keep rubbing against it whenever I chew and in such angle, makes it quite hard for me to brush it clean properly.

So we set up the appointment on the same day Hubby has to return to do his teeth. I was already shaking then at the very thought ot it. What have I got myself into?

The dentist was really good and gentle though. It didn't really even hurt when she injected the numbing anesthetic into my gums. The only downside was that that med was really bitter. *bLeh*

Soon, she was like taking all these hardcore looking tools and was telling me to relax, don't fight it and I was like 'What the...??? After seeing all those tools, you ask me to relax? I could have just peed in my pants by looking at it!"

So the next best thing I know would make me relax is to close my eyes and pretend I didn't see those tools. All I hear is some clink clanks in my mouth, some tugging for a while and "phew* a feeling of something came loose and through and that stubborn tooth was out of my mouth.

It is really a big teeth, according to the dentist. Unusually big for a wisdom tooth but its still healthy, no cavity or what sorts. *yay!* Being a 38 person, I requeste to keep that one tooth of mine and was so engrossed with it. Hubby was really eeked out!

The anesthetic got to numb the left side of my nose for a while, and after a while when the pain was wearing off, I thought I'd be tough and just go nap it off. I woke up feeling like someone was punching me in and out really hard inside the mouth. Quickly fix myself something to eat and then pop the 650mg of painkiller. It worked.

Today, its better although I am still going to becareful with it because I am not sure if the wound healed completely just yet. Best to becareful then to let it bleed again...

So till then, let me leave you with two pictures of my extracted wisdom tooth.

Not so wise anymore, eh?


...2cm in length...


...0.8cm in diameter...

2 comments:

JL said...

omfg...that's so...gross!!!!!
i should have kept one of mine when i extracted 4 last time before braces so they can now be one happy family wtf. =.-

blubbieMs said...

eh, it is so cool ok.. I have never really seen my teeth that up close since all the baby milk teeth came out! Those were small.. this is like FUWAHHHHHH!!!!

I can lend you mine to keep if you want? =) hehehehe afterall we are family! More or less the same I guess.. ahhahahaha