Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandmothers made my day

(Last night in the lift with neighbor's parents holding on to their granddaughter)

N : (telling her granddaughter -younger than Jaden) See, jie jie so kuai. Stand still and not move around like a monkey like you.

N's Daughter : He is a boy, not a girl.

N : Really? (speaking in hokkien now) Got cha-boh bin lah, so beautiful. Look at the dimples. Always smiling. Boy ah?

At that time, I looked at her and smiled.

N : He is your ...?

eMs : My son. He is my son.

N : Really? but you are so young looking..

(at that time, the lift reached Ground Floor and conversation ended there)

Today in the morning, I bumped into the neighbor again.

N : Are you going to work? (since it was 9am in the morning)

eMs : Not really but I help my husband from time to time.

N : You take care of your son by yourself?

eMs : Yea, my husband and I take care of him by ourselves.

N : oh.. very good. The big size one, that one is your husband right?

eMs : Yea, that one is my husband.

N : I think I saw him a few times before.. how old are both of you?

eMs : My husband is 31, me? I am 27 this year.

N : Really? If you didn't tell me that boy was your son, I would have thought you were his sister. You look like you are only in your late teens.

eMs : No-lah.. 27 already (but at that time, I was just gloating away.. hehehehe)

(Today again, when I came back from running work errands, I bumped into 2 kindy children with their grandmother)

One of the children was playing and ramped into me.

Grandma scolded her and say, "See, I told you not to spin yourself dizzy and now, you have bumped into jie jie already!"

WAHHHHH... those two compliments I received made my day today! *tee hee*

Let me gloat about it for a while can? Its not like everyday I get rare compliments like that.. =)

5 comments:

tanshuyin said...

wahh..late teens kononnya. u surely must be beaming til now ;)

blubbieMs said...

HAHAHHA no lah.. after a while, its back to reality again when I saw myself in the mirror. =)

JL said...

yen hoi jie jie~~~
lol

blubbieMs said...

Jie Li : HAHAHAH wait till its your turn.. see you start gloating a not? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Gaiety XY Ann said...

ya.jie jie!