Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bookshop Heaven!

There is this one superb place in Amcorp that I must really give thumbs up to. The BookXcess place. It is such a wonderland that I get all giddy and happy when I step into that particular shop. There are so many books there, that are going as cheap as RM5-RM19.90. Mind you, these are not second hand books. These are brand new books but I just don't understand why it is being sold at such cheap rates. My only thoughts are that this shop is like F.O.S or D.F.O but what the heck, when one offers you such good pricing for nice, juicy books, just take it!

I stepped into this wonderland today and got out with 4 children books and 4 books for myself. I even got a discount just because I have a membership card to that place. Oh bliss!

I am sure mothers out there would totally love this place because there are just so many children books to choose from and they are all so goooooooooooooooooood! If Hubby did not stop me, I would have prolly ended up buying Jaden more books than for myself. *sigh* oh Shu Yin! You will totally fall in love with all the books there! *wink*

"When you sell a man a book,

you don't sell him 12 ounces of

paper and ink and glue-

you sell him a whole new life."

-Christopher Morley





Got two Tony Parson's books, Fractured by Ruth Dee and How to Potty Train your Kid (Rm9.90) for myself. Yay! New books to read! and my DVDs too.. finally, I have got my hands on New Moon and I can't wait to pop in the DVD!


Has anyone watched 7 pounds by Will Smith yet? I know I am a little late in all the movies but this is one movie not to be missed! It is such a tear jerker. Maybe not all that crying drama mama like PS I Love You or The Notebook but that is one good movie. A sure recommend!

I can foresee a long week of good books and good movie indulgence for myself! *mmm* I am so loving the moment! =)

4 comments:

tanshuyin said...

OMG...i was also juz about to blog about a bookshop heaven in penang, but then bcoz the store is kinda hidden and the website is not up yet, i wanna wait for awhile b4 so that i can link to the site when i blog about it.

it's like 'great minds think alike!' hahaha

blubbieMs said...

LOL Shu Yin! Where is that place in Penang? Town area? I tell you, these kind of bookstores are heaven sent!

Grace said...

i used to buy loads of books, and i loveeee amcorp mall. But i found an even better alternative! not sure whether you love this option boh, but it's a book rental shop called City Book Rental in Bangsar behind TMC. I started renting books after my hubby complained that i have too many books at home de and no more space, and also to save money!!

Best part of this bookstore is, they have all those latest books! And not those romance mills and boons crap either. Well, they do have that, but it's just a small part. :)

blubbieMs said...

oooh.. book rentals.. thats really a superb idea considering sometimes the books do really take up space and can be quite pricey. =) Thank you Grace for the place recommendation. Will check it out really soon! Can't wait! =)