Friday, January 22, 2010

If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again – by Diane Loomans

Jaden @ 3 days old

I sort of stumble across this one meaningful poem and I intend to want to adhere to it... for I realized that Jaden is growing up so fast, one day I will be asking where did my baby go?


If I had my child to raise all over again,


I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.


I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.


I would do less correcting, and more connecting.


I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.


I would care to know less, and know to care more.


I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.


I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.


I would run through more fields, and gaze at more stars.


I’d do more hugging, and less tugging.


I’d see the oak tree in the acorn more often.


I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.


I’d model less about the love of power, and more about the power of Love.

No comments: