Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jaden's deadline

Last night Hubby and I brought Jaden over to Dr. Altaf's clinic for his 18 months immunization jab. A booster jab to the DPT/Polio jab. This would be his last compulsory jab until he turns 7 years old but there will be other optional jabs if we want him to have it such as the Chicken Pox jab, Hepatitis A jab (2x) and the pneumococcal jab (2x). I didn't ask specifically how much was a jab, I just asked how muchwould the jab costs and the lady at the counter said RM340. So now I am wondering if it is for a jab or the two jabs? All I know is that jab is one hell of a expensive one, same as the Rotavirus jab we gave him when he was 4 months old. That is also done in 2 course, best to be given to a baby under 6 months.


The gangster in me ... don't play play!


Anyway, Jaden was being a hero again last night for not crying when given the jab in the butt. He was just busy trashing Dr. Altaf's toy xylophone with his father when the jab was administered and all he did after that was give Dr. Altaf one dirty look just right after the jab was done as if someone had inappropriately touched him. LOL That jab costs RM 140. *sigh* All in the name of Jaden's good health.. the money we are willing to spend to ensure he stays healthy!

We were told by Dr that by his age, he should at least say 6 words and by the age of 2, he should at least say 20 words. I mean those were just guidelines to monitor the child's milestone developments and Jaden has yet to master 4 words yet. So his father gave him deadline of 2 months to say at least 4 more words. Guess Jaden work well with deadlines, like when we gave him his 2 months deadline to walk independently and he did it in a month. Hopefully he will achieve his deadline too for this assignment of his.

"I is no want no deadline Dadddeeeee!"


Today he woke up with a swollen eye. Looking just like me when my eye is swollen. I wonder if it is the 'bak chiam' or he bang somewere but I am sure its more likely to be heaty and its the 'bak chaim'. Poor thing, now one eye big, one eye small...

Jaden now knows how to want to stay out to play. Last night, when we were leaving the clinic, he screamed his head off when we took him out from the clinic. He actually wanted to stay inside and play with the toys and kids there but hey no, those kids are sick kids. I don't want him to play with kids that are sick.. as in I don't want him to catch those fever virus again and pay Dr Altaf another visit. If I could, I would want to stay away from the clinic!

o.Oh and Dr say I can now slowly introduce him to seafood but not shellfish yet.. eggs can.. nuts not really yet but those found in chocolate and all can be tested on him. So yay!

1 comment:

tanshuyin said...

yes. jabs are expensive. and like u said...no choice but to give...all for the hope of good health for the baby! :D