Tuesday, April 28, 2009

1st day of our weekend in Penang -Crankiness

Jaden did not want to sleep during the car ride to KLIA. Instead, he chose to want to close his eyes when we were nearing the KLIA car park terminal area. Distracted him a little and soon, we were out of the cab, heading towards check=in.

He made friends with the policewomen who checked him and his stroller. He was feeling so excited in the big waiting hall, looking out of the window at the vehicles passing by below, birds flying here and there and once in a while, trying to catch other passengers' attention.



Both of us, mother and son were allowed onto the aircraft first. This is what I like about MAS compared to Air Asia and also that they have the airbridge connected to the plane, instead of climbing up and down the staircase and up the staircase onto the plane, which is really really troublesome for a single travelling parent like me.

Jaden was ok in the plane until he started to feel the heat, no thanks to the air-con of the plane that was not blasted on full, and well, since it was the afternoon, the sun did contribute quite a lot to the heat factor.

Jaden started throwing tantrum, crying, shitting (which I had to quickly carry him to the toilet once the safety belt sign is off / after take-off) and then back to more crying. So embarassing as we were the only mother and child on board and everybody else around couldn't get some peace and quiet.

I had to let him bite my hand to keep him quiet and still during the take-off. Trust me, that was not the last option on my mind and what got to be done, has to be done. My right hand swelled instantly and he puntured a few holes too, making my hand bleed. That is how terrible the damage his teeth can cause... I WAS SO ANGRY I SWORE I WOULD WHACK HIM THE INSTANT WE WERE OUT OF A PUBLIC PLACE (which i did not la but kept of scolding him only).



He only kept quiet for a while when the air steward gave him some biscuits to munch on and that also we were just 10 minutes from touching down at Penang International Airport already.

Father was already there waiting to pick us up when we arrived. It was raining in Penang. I reached at about 5pm, after waiting for the luggage and all.

Traffic jam was unavoidable and soon, Jaden fell asleep all the way home, didn't even budge when we put him down on to the bed at home. He was that tired.

He woke up at about 7pm and mother fed him porridge. We went out after that for dinner at our usual BaliBali and ordered my favourite barbequed cod fish, kam heong kappa and the claypot tofu. Jaden ate quite a lot of my rice and tofu too despite being fed one bowl of porrigde earlier.



We went to Sunshine Farlim after dinner because there was a few things I need to get for Sat and I came across the Carefree Pantyliner 2x40s pack for only RM 8 sumthing with sunshine card. HOW CHEAP IS THAT? The cheapest in KL also RM11.30 the most.. RM8 sumthing? I quickly snapped up 2. How could I missed such a good deal. Grabbed some biscuits for Jaden, diaper rash cream and a ball for Jaden to play, just in case he gets bored at home.



We went home after that and boy! I was konked out by then. Quickly bathed Jaden, then myself and let him settled down with my father in the living room. Both the man and boy was sitting down together watching the 1030pm AEC news.



Packed what I had to take with me tomorrow to the hotel and then asked Jaden to go into the room at about 12.30am. Chucked the milk inside his mouth and well, after having his conversation with his chicken-pox dad, he slept without any problems. He was deadbeat tired and so was I.

So that is end of our day 1 in Penang.. quite eventful in a way coz I get to eat my Kam Heong Kappa and Barbequed Cod Fish! WOO HOOOOOOO~

No comments: