Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vege disaster tangerine sweetness

I am assigned to prepare lunch today. Normal ones. No net browsing for some recipes that I think will come out funky tasting. Just the normal minced pork with thick black soya sauce and chilli padi and stir-fry choy sum.

Rushed through the chopping and dicing of the garlic, chilli padi, potatoes for Jaden's porridge and a tiny slice of ginger while keeping an eye on Jaden who was sitting on his baby chair. It ain't easy running to and fro from kitchen to living room to provide him more biscuits to keep him busy. *sigh* Thankfully Hubby got up rather early today and kept an eye on him instead.

Turns out I am not a vege good chef. WAH using pun wey! Anyways.. yah, I am not good with vege dishes and this choy sum dish turns out to be a major disaster. I WENT WRONG WITH THE MOST SIMPLE DISH! It is only stir-fry and I still screwed it up. *F A I L siut!* Nevermind.. next time I shall just stick to boiling them first then only cook the sauce separate and pour it over the vege instead. I can't possibly go wrong then could I?

Comes evening then, the whole SimonYap clan headed out to SS2 to get our annual mini tangerines. I tell you, these tangerines are bursting with sugar explosions. They are so sweet and they come in like hundreds in a mini plastic box. This year, we got ourselves 3 boxes and I bet before CNY, it will be just 2 1/2 left.



Since CNY is approaching, it is tradition that spring cleaning has to be done and well, I got rid of some old magazines. My collection of Female magazines are the heaviest of the lot. Have you seen the amount of advertisement pages in them? That really added to the weight! So as I was tying them up with rafia string, the little boy decided to 'help' me. In the end, Hubby got to trick him over to sitting quietly in the living room eating his tangerines.






Look at Jaden eating them. His first tangerine tasting and he is loving it. Loving it so much that when his father took a piece of his table, he went "Eh?" So cute!


No comments: