Sunday, January 18, 2009

Daylight robbery

Not me! My friend...

One of my girlfriend was robbed in the bright daylight, right under her nose..

It was a lesson learnt, a painful one nonetheless but well, guess to be able to share the story with you guys out there might just open up our eyes and ears to all these tricks robbers pulled these days.

"he says:”can i snatch ur belongings?” “Yes!” i replied smartly

[I know! I know what you will be thinking after reading this… And stop asking why am I being soooo stupid and reacted such way yea..

I was always extra careful and alert but I admitted that this time I was just being tooooo stupid and fxxxing naïve…!

I got a sms early in the morning,

“Congratulations,

Sim Card Kamu telah dipilih…..Prize Utama RM15,000 Cash…. Sila dial 012-8xxxxxx”

Well, for your information, this is not the first time that I received this type of sms, but I always ignored , ignored and ignored.

Without knowing why, today, I just feeling like giving a try…Therefore, I used my house phone and called up the number stated in the sms…

A man who sounded like a sarawakian or a sabahan on the other end was speaking non-stop the moment he answered the call. Eventually, he came to the main point where he asked me :”Kami akan bank-in kamu punya cash, oleh itu, kami perlu akaun nombor anda …”

NO WORRIES people, I did not give him my account number and I just hung up the phone. (I thought I was not thatttttt stupiddddd , right…who knows…)

……..

Before I left my office, my colleague told me that she needed a replacement to work for the event tonight. Immediately, I took out my phone and started calling all the girlssss…

Finally, I got this girl, name Weyn Chi…

Weyn Chi: Alright, I will give your colleague a call to confirm my attendance in a short while.

I drove home after I ended the conversation with Weyn Chi.

Half an hour later, I received a call from my colleague.

“nobody call me yet…can you check it out for me? It’s already 1820pm, and we need it by 1900pm!!” my colleague said.

“Alright, alright, I will figure it out right now. But at the same time u can try to give her a call as well.”

Doooo….Doooo….Doooo….

“Hello” A man who sounded like a Malay, picked up the call.

“Hello” came to reply from me…

“Hello?” The man shouted angrily again…

I hung up the phone, double checked the number and RE-DIAL.

“Hello?” The same voice came from the other end.

“Hello, Weyn Chi please?”

“Oh, Weyn Chi? Kamu dia punya kawan ka? Saya Nampak telefon bimbit dia di tepi jalan. Saya mahu pulang-kan telefon kepada-nya la!”

As I remembered, Weyn Chi had another phone number…

“ah, tak-apa la. Saya akan panggil owner-nya panggil kamu sekarang” relied relunctantly.

“aiyoh, macam itu ka? Tapi sekarang saya nak pergi kerja la…dekat itu ba..li…”

“huh?! Apa?! Bali?”

“bukan! Banting! Saya nak pergi ke Banting untuk kerja sekarang. Saya dekat OUG sekarang, boleh datang sekarang tak?”

“TAK BOLEH! Banyak JAM la sekarang!”

“Kamu ka mana sekarang?”

“PJ!”

“ok, saya pergi ke Pj Hilton la boleh-kah?”

“TAK BOLEH! Banyak Jam la!” In fact, I was thinking…Why is this man being so kind-hearted?! Its just a mobile phone. And since he is in a rush to work, why not he just leave the phone with him first?

Immediately, he replied :”ok, saya pergi ke kalana jaya. Kamu tahu Kelana giant tak?”

“Aaahh, ok boleh boleh” I answered stupididly.

“kamu datang sekarang dengan segera ya. Saya nak pergi kerja sekarang!”

“Harlo..Di mana kamu?” I called and asked again..stupididly…

“oh, kamu boleh datang ke Shell tak?sebelah Giant?”

“ok”

I parked my car at the road side, and I got out from my car. I kept looking at all the people who rode motorcycle (I was imagining that he was a malay man with office wear and rode a motorbike).

I kept calling my friend’s number while I was waiting for HIM. Unfortunately, nobody answer the call.

‘He might be riding right now, that’s why he couldn’t hear the phone ring’., I told myself.

Meanwhile, I tried to call weyn chi’s friend as well. But nobody pick up the callsssssssssss after thousand timeesss of trying it.

Finally, an Indian GUY walked to me.

“aiyoh, saya duduk di sana sudah lama la!”

Wau, how could he make it to kelana jaya from OUG by taking ten minutes huh? I asked myself…

He wore a brown-orange-yellowish tee-shirt with a jeans. He had nothing with him but a mobile phone. He doesn’t not look like what I was imagining at all! And yes, He looks like a typical snatch thief, a typical bad guy, a typical son of the bxxxh.

“Hey, yang telefon bimbit itu dekat isteri saya la. Kerana tadi kami tak boleh Nampak you, oleh itu dia pandu ke dalam giant.mari-lah, kita pergi cari dia sekarang”

He turned and walked into the giant’s carpark. I went up to my car immediately and I followed him behind.

He turned and look at me…and he jumped up to my car and said : “Pandu saya masuk la. Kerana saya tak tahu mana dia sekarang la!”

I drove him in to Giant STUPIDIDLY!!! HELPED! I was always alert and I would never ever response to any stranger and always kept a distance from strangers even they were just asking for direction.

But how could I drive a stranger like this?????

My NEW Playboy Bag Was sitting on the passenger seat, next to me. And that fxxking Indian GUY was sitting behind me. He kept looking around as if he was searching for his wife.

“aiyah, saya punya telefon tak ada credit dan battery. Boleh guna kamu punya call saya punya isteri ar?”

I took out ONE of my mobile and I kept the other mobile inside my bag…

“ok, nombor dia ialah…..016-xxxxxxxx” I was holding the mobile by myself without letting him to hold it.

It went to voice-mail. Right after that, I called my friend’s number again. It went to voice-mail as well.

“oh, saya ingat area itu tak ada coverage la! Mana kamu punya isteri? Mengapa dia tidak jawab kawan saya punya bimbit? “

“yang phone itu vibrate la..dan kami letak di sana, tak boleh dengar punya” He pointed at somewhere inside my car by telling me that the mobile phone was placed there inside his car.

Suddenly, he took out his phone, and started talking on the phone in Indian language… and he guided me to drive further and stopped my car at the side.

After he ended his conversation with his “WIFE”, he told me that his wife went back to the place where I met him just now, which is shell station.

When I arrived to shell station, he told me, No, it’s the bus station at the roadside.

I turned back and look at him, there is no BUS STOP here!

He said YES! The wife was there with him just now.

I drove out from Shell STUPIDIDLY and I went around Giant to search for the bus station.

I failed to get any bus station, of course…

I stopped my car at the roadside again and started calling the number again…With a little suspicious, I asked him to repeat the number again. Who knows, he reacted immediately with an innocent and blur kind of look and asked me to show him the number see if I dial it correctly.

I really showed him the phone —stupididly!! I should have escaped!

He looked at the number carefully by reading it out one by one..and he continued :”betul ar yang itu nombor. Mengapa tak boleh dapat punya?”

“Okay, saya ada dia punya nombor lain. Tapi di dalam saya punya sim card la. Boleh exchange sim card ke phone kamu tak?”

“Huh?!”

“saya punya bimbit tak ada battery! Sekarang saya nak pergi kerja la! Cepat la!”

I changed the sim card for him, and I tried to search for the number for him.

Suddenly, My ‘the other’ mobile which was sleeping inside my bag RANG! I did not bother but he realized that I had two mobile phones.

He reacted calmly “oh, yang dia punya nama ialah Sayang. Kamu dial la sayang ..Tapi kan, kamu guna bimbit yang lain dial la nombor dia kerana saya punya phone tak ada kredit lar”

I took out my the other phone STUPIDIDLY…

When I was trying to search for the name “sayang”…he took the mobile phone away from me and he said “Aiyah, saya search ler!”

My car door was locked! I was trembling but I did not know why I never escape! I had time! I had time to do that and I was thinking, if he does anything to me,. I will just jump off from my car! But I never realized my bag was just next to me …

He did not know how to use my LG phone! And he passed it back to me and asked me to search for the number.

I saw the name SAyang! ‘erm, I think I was thinking too much, I think he is the real kind-hearted person since he is really calling his wife right now’ ..i mumbled to myself.

I was holding my phone, and he was looking at the screen with me scrolling up and down to search for the name. I found the name ‘sayang’ and I wanted to call immediately but he reacted promptly by telling me that, NO, its not that number..its another number..SEN…

When I saw the name ‘Sen’, he told me …”Bukan! Kamu Scroll up lagi…”

I scrolled up and down, finally, I just dialed Sen number without further asking.

I tried to listen…and there was someone answered the call from the other end… ‘Ok, at least he is not lying this time’ I mumbled to myself again.

He was on the phone and was talking in Indian dialect again but I heard the “Fly-over bridge” and so forth.

Once he hung up the call, HE PASSED ME BACK THE PHONE STRAIGHT and he asked me to drive to the opposite shell station.

I looked at him…I wanted to tell him that I do not want to take the mobile anymore. But before I opened up my mouth, He continued talking :”alamak, dia ka sana la sekarang. Aiyoh, saya nak pergi kerja la!! Kamu pandu ke sana segera la.”

Again, I drove him all the way to the opposite road, which is opposite giant.

That time was so so so JAM-ed and I had spent almost half an hour with HIM ALONE inside the car!

I peeked at the mirror, I saw him peeked at my belongings.

A lot of things flashed in my mind that moment….

I buckled off the safety-belt. I was thinking that, if he does anything to me, I would just jump out from the car…(oh, I think I was a genius that I thought of all these but not stop the car and asked him to get down from the car immediately…darn!)

When my car was stucked in the jam, He looked frustrated and he told me :”My god! I would be late to work man! Look at the JAM!!”

“Boleh pinjam-kan phone sekali lagi tak?”

He passed me back the phone immediately, and he was in my car right now…it should be alright for me to lend my phone to him right? … I thought…

He used my phone and called someone. And he was speaking freaking loud next to my ear…

“harlo, Cik. Boleh tak kamu call back pejabat, dan beritahu xxx saya akan lewat ke kerja la. Ya ya ya. Boleh? …oh ya! …Ok, terima kasih Cik!…”

I opened up my ears and tried hard to listen to the other end of the phone…I wanted to know whether he was actually acting, or he was really calling someone else?

Unfortunately! I really heard someone Respond to him! And I was pretty sure that it was a woman!

‘will I be very rude if I ask him to get down from the car now? But he was really talking to someone on the phone just now…it seems real..maybe?!’ I asked myself repeatedly.

This time, he did not return my phone to me immediately. I looked at the back-mirror every single second, and I realized that he was using my phone to missed-call his own mobile. And, He was so so so freaking smart that, he turned his phone to vibrate mode which I heard the vibrate sound when he was calling himself by using my mobile.

WAHLAU! I should have be more suspicious this time right?! But why??? Why didn’t I react in any way?

Again, He took up my phone and was calling to a man! In Indian!

I could understand a little bit that he asked the man to meet up with him at the shell station opposite Giant.

Well….here came my suspicious look! …Before I opened up my mouth, he PASSED ME BACK my mobile Phone again and he told me that he would be late to work, therefore he decided to asked the friend to picked him up to work by motorbike instead of driving!

Ohh, I was thinking…how the hell your friend could reach here in such a short period?

Again, before I analyzed it, he took my phone from my hand and he called the ‘wife’!

Well, when he was talking, I was looking at him! And I realized that, He was calling NO-ONE!!! Because I saw my wallpaper!! But he was talking on the phone!!

Damn! I was so scared at the moment and I did not know how to react!

I got back my phone, and when I was driving into Shell station, I tried to make calls. I was really a genius that I wanted to test whether the wallpaper will still be on the screen while we are having conversation?!

After I stopped my car at the shell station, he tooked my phone again and he told me his friend was around.

I asked him , WHERE??? He tooked my phone and pretended talking on the phone. Who knows, while he was talking half-way, My phone RANG!!! My bf called!!

I did not talk to my bf but I asked him to hold the phone! I placed my phone on my lap and I turned it to loud speaker. Meawhile, he was pointing me to drive over to the roadside.

I yelled at him and I told him that I cant stop my car at the roadside because there are a lot of cars passing by!

Well, what the hell was I thinking at the moment?! I did not know! I knew that he asked me to drive to a narrow road next to shell and I really listened to him and drove all the way there! He asked me to stop the car and I just stopped the car!

That moment, he was holding my LG phone and he wanted to get down from my car.

But he couldn’t open the door and he looked a little panic, same goes with me. I was panic as well. I wanted him to get down from my car immediately but …I was Panic!

I already opened the lock for him but he couldn’t open the door on the left side. And I STUPIDIDLY asked him to get down from the right side!

He told me he cant get down still.

I turned my body and wanted to help him down by stucking up the lock with my finger Manually…in a very short moment, he already got to open the door and I saw him holding my mobile phone still. I shouted loudly And by the time I opened up my door, I realized that my PLAYBOY bag was on his hand!

His motorcyclist friend rode him off immediately and he was smiling happily by waving goodbye to me~ !

And I was so so so so fxxking stupid that I got down from my car and I chased him with my legs! Darn..!

I always told myself..if there is anything happen to me, I need to be calm and use my car to bang their ass off! But why didn’t I do that that moment????

I drove back to my house madly and after I have done with whatever police report and so…I thought of calling weyn chi …(yea, she had two different number)

“Hello, Weyn Chi! This is vene from the agency”

“Oh my god! Im so sorry vene, that I did not turn up for the event today…u know I was ….”

“Well, I know what had happened. And because of your lost phone… I ….”

“huh, u know bout it?! “

“Yea, guess what?! I called you this evening ……… …..”

“So, tell me what happened to you actually, Weyn Chi?”

“Oh my god…your story sounds scary and dramatic man! Well, this evening when I was about to leave my apartment to the event location. I realized that my car got clamped! Well, you know usually we only have one parking space for each unit right. So, today is my first day renting this new space for me to park my car!! Gosh, the security guard downstairs clamped my car. He is a pakistanist. And I scolded him badly because I found that he is being very unreasonable to clamp my car in a legal rented space.” She said angrily and she continued

“I was so angry after I talked to the security guard. He seems like he was not going to do anything bout it. Therefore, I walked out to the road next to SHELL station, wanted to wait for my friend at the bus waiting area… Out of a sudden, there was this Indian guy came to me by riding his motorbike and he asked me, is my car got clamped? I said YES without suspicious and he asked me to borrow him my phone for him to call back to the security management because he said my car was parked at the right place, they shouldn’t have clamp the car. Oh yea , I forgot to tell you that he did mention to me that he is from the security management“

“I trusted him because I was thinking….if he is not from the security management, how the hell he knows that my car got clamped right?!” She moaned.

“He was talking on the phone and acted as if he is really talking to one of the security guard. He sounded angrily when he was talking to the ‘security guard’..he said things like “how can u guys clamp the car when the resident already park it at the proper place…bla blab la …” “

“he was talking…talking….talking….suddenly he says “JOM!” to me! And he rode off with my mobile…! “ she sounded like she is going to cry out…

“I was so stupid that I yelled and chased him by running! How could I get to chase him by my legs?” Now, she moaned again…

“Well, I believe that it was a very very natural reaction when this happened to us. Because I did the same thing as well where as I always told myself that if there is anything happen, do not get down from the car but use the car to bang their ass off. But I did not get to do it as well. And guess what?! This is my ever ever FIRST TIME that I lost my ID , license and belongings! Im always sensitive, alert and extra caution. I will never drop any of my belongings and I have not met any snatch thief before.” I replied proudly.

“but this time, I was just so blur, so unconscious and STUPID! And HELPLESS!! I believe in fate, and I truly believe that today im fated for him to snatch my stuff. Otherwise, I would not have been so blur through out the whole progress. In fact, he is not a very smart thief u know… there were so many ‘gap’ that I have found out that he was actually acting. And he was not well prepared enough and he was not familiar with the area where he snatch my stuff….But yet…I was still so so so so so so stupid that I opened up my everything for him to snatch. Included the PLAYBOY bag that I was placing it on the passenger seat obviously!” I moaned as well…

Malaysia is just so so so not safe! Do not bring your LV bag out anymore yea girls…Do not bring your expensive belongings out anymore whenever you are alone. I know you wont be like me…that stupid …but still..you have to be alert and aware 24-7!

p/s: I have the thief’s friend number and name! but the sarjan will not do anything to it I reckon…so who wants to try to call the number for me huh ?!]


Guess the moral of the story is that

  1. Do not lend a stranger or someone you just met your mobile phones. NEVER EVER DO THAT! You can give them coins and ask them to make full use of public utilities -PUBLIC PHONE!
  2. There is never ever a nice stranger that will want to return you your lost mobile phone. Even if there is any, meet at a police station instead. Not any tom, dick and harry areas even if it is just next door to your office.
  3. Trust no one. Seriously. Trust no one!

No comments: