Monday, January 19, 2009

He turns 18 today!

My boss turns 18 today.

This year round, at least he did not get to see the cake first before 12am and it ain't cupcake. I should think this is the best cake I have ever tasted and it sure was everybody that was here to 'surprise' Simon last night's first time too and BOY! It is mmm... delicious!


I messaged two of his bestfriends and asked if they would like to show up at 12 to 'surprise' him and they replied me real fast YES! At least this time round, it ain't my friends who showed up to wish him Happy Birthday but his very own friends.


Off I went out in the evening to pick up the cake and he made it so hard for me to go. He even hid the car keys up so high on his toy shelves that I need to take the dinner table chair to go reach it. Grrr.. want to give him surprise also cannot. Pestered me to tell him where I am going but NAH.. I didn't tell him and came back in 50 minutes. See? I told you so I won't be gone for more than an hour... I was so happy when I saw the cake. I knew he was going to love it.. at least this is something different from normal cakes you get from cake shops..




Its a DURIAN CHEESECAKE. Well, the SimonYap clan is a big fan of Durians and both his friends too do eat them so.. nobody got cheesed off by the overwhelming lovely smell. I found the guy who makes it through this website and boy, there was no double thoughts on which first cake I would want to order from him and I am sure it also won't be the last. He is so professional and is a very nice guy to deal with.. so if you are looking for something special, why not pop over to here and give it a try! No regrets!


Shan, his childhood friend came at about 1135pm. My boss was sure surprised and when they both were just going to smoke outside, Tymi, who just came back from NY turns up and DOUBLE surprise!!!


Jaden felt so excited to see so many people and he played his part as the host too. He made Tymi feel at home and even greeted him "Deh!" and Shan "Eh?".



Birthday boy & Tymi


Birthday boy & Shan


At 12 sharp, we sang my boss the customary Birthday song and I sure hope he remembers to make a wish before blowing the candles.. aawww.. my boss is all grown up now.. finally he turned 18!


SimonYap clan


The three of us went out for a late dinner since the Birthday boy got to work and well, by the time he reached home, only did I get to go bathe and freshen up so yea, that took about an hour and that explained the late dinner. We went for our usual Sushi King.. and as the Birthday boy likes it.. a quiet affair on the day he turns 18.


Just for Reality Check...




Happy Birthday BABY!!!

No comments: