Sunday, January 11, 2009

All by myself

I am pretty much satisfied with what I achieved today although I think I could do better. When I said better, I meant by including laundry and mopping the floor or wiping the TV cabinet. Yea. I am talking about achievements in doing housework.

Jaden slept off two nights now without drinking milk although he will wake up in the wee hours of the morning to feed still. A sign of weaning? Yes? Hopefully so but that will also be quite a sad thing for me to part with such a spscial bonding session with my baby boy. *sniff*

He woke up at about 1145am today and started to wake both his parents up. When failed to do so, he decided to start talking to me in baby language and with such cuteness, how can anyone resist? Changed his diapers and took him out to the living room for his routine-d Sesame Street video while I prepare his meal for him. After that, while he was still pre-occupied with other videos, I diced some garlic, onions, chopped up some sausages and chilli padi and took out the last night's leftover rice from the fridge. Also took out some minced pork to defrost and cleaned up the dishes.

It was almost 2pm when I had everything done, with the occasionally run-n-sit in front of the comp to surf online boutiques and blogs. Bathed the little boy and well, hes been napping since 3pm. Time to wake him up soon. While he napped, I quickly fried the rice and well, today's one is really hot for me. I wonder what Hubby will say when he taste it later.

I am so inspired to cook these few days. Just yesterday, I cooked herbal chicken soup with the real thing (those herbal stuff you can get from chinese herb stores) and fried brocolli for lunch. All those done while keeping an eye on the monley little one, running to him to meet his demands and all.. and back to the kitchen and back to the TV area. *sigh* Now I am really feeling very grateful when mom was down here so one can keep an eye on him while the other can runaround and do his/her own stuff. Now, its only Hubby or me and Jaden, lately prefers my company. Sticking to me like UHU glue. Wishing he can walk soon so I can just put him down on the floor instead high up on the baby chair and have this fear all times that he climbs out from his seat and fall. Speaking of hoping he can quickly learn to walk, I must now go and mop and clean up the living area for the little boy...

Back to motherhood I guess for me now.. toodles~

No comments: