Saturday, October 11, 2008

idiot box are for people like me

I have been quite a couch potato these past few days or maybe weeks since I last discovered that during weekdays, there are interesting shows showed on Astro channels. My favourite tune in channels are 701 -AXN, 711 -Starworld, 712 -E! and lately 303 -KBS World @ 1115pm onwards. OMG! What have I become?

I am hooked on to this Korean drama that runs from Mon - Thurs 1115pm. Its called Eighteen and In Love. Everybody that sees the name of the movie would already know what the whole storyline would be yet it entices me to want to watch on. Just because I think the leading actor is kind of cute. Not good looking but just cute to look at. *sigh* Sometimes I think there is still a little girl in me.

Then there is the Tuesday madness about Ugly Betty and Lipstick Jungle. I don't think I'd ever missed any episodes of Lj since it aired.

Comes Wednesday, there is CSI Miami, The moment of Truth... Thursday? Hmm.. Don't even mention it because I will be there out in front of the TV ready to root for our polite Malaysian teams in The Amazing Race Asia III. Don't you think the Malaysian teams seem to be the most polite ones compared to other countries? Well.. I also have to give the credit to Singapore and Hong Kong but Thailand, Phillipines and India? They can be really rude beyond repair.. especially that Geoff. The rudest contestant I'd ever seen among the 3 races.

Fri-Sun is either days of rest or watching re-runs that I'd missed during the weekdays due to un-forseen circumstances..

Still I can't believe it that my life has been tied down to TV programs now because I no longer have any social life. Zilch! None of my friends ask me out anymore because I am no longer free to go out whenever wherever I like. I have got a little demanding baby boy to think about and his needs to see to.

It was just urm.. 3 years back when I was still out clubbing, partying with friends Wed-Sat.. then come meet the BOYFRIEND WHO TURNED HUSBAND when my life was drastically changed into being the tamed Emily. Well.. its a good change compared to booze and late nights but I would have like a night out dancing sometimes... =)

Maybe.. maybe when Jaden is old enough to be put to bed by Hubby and some of my party kaki girlfriends are STILL NOT MARRIED.. maybe I will get an invitation by them to join. MAYBE... but for now, I am satisfied with the idiot box.

1 comment:

Sonia Zuzartee said...

Aiyo so kesian lah. Let me know when Simon puts Jaden to bed. We'll go out ok :)


Well on the bright side of things, my life in relation to TV is almost like yours! Every day after work, I'm stuck in front of the TV till bedtime. Only difference is I go out sometimes on Fridays.