Saturday, October 11, 2008

I tried

... and I failed miserably again.

I decided that I would cook dinner last night for Hubby. After all those times that he has said I had not make any effort in trying to cook.

I had lemon chicken in mind, steamed kailan and well, the normal tofu that Hubby usually cooks.

I marinated the slices of chicken fillets in orange, sprinkled in a little salt and into the fridge they went for an hour or two. Vege was cleaned and garlic was diced. I was ready to start cooking. First, I 'powdered' the chicken with corn flour and pan-fried them till golden brown. Then I poured in the Lee Kum Kee Lemon Chicken sauce and simmer it for a while before throwing in the friend chicken fillets to infused in the lemon sauce.

Then comes the steamed vege wtih garlic.Normal procedure, put in the garlic, then the vege with a lil of warm water.. some soya sauce for taste. Oyster sauce is out of the picture because supposedly I can't consume them due to breastfeeding.

Last but not least, Hubby's infamous tofu dish which is practically just the tofu marinated with the caramel thick sauce, soya sauce and fried garlic garnished on top. Smartie pants me got the whole cooking process all wrong. I actually poured in the caramel thick sauce and soya sauce after the garlic looks kinda fried in the pan.

We ended up eating what Hubby called "garlic candy" because they stuck together after the caramel sauce was mixed together with the oil and all. Terror kan? It really looked like those candy on the stick. Just that it was all hard over the tofu.

Miracalously Hubby and my mother survived my cooking. I did not. I ended up with a bad tummy ache soon after and a splitting headache.

So, does anyone still wants me to cook them dinner?

Guess not.. good..


No comments: