Saturday, October 4, 2008

Better a lil and on the way to pile some weight

Jaden's stuff nose seems to be a little better. There are still a little hard breathing on and off when he sleeps but at least its better than the first few days I was blogging about it.

Dr. Altaf has recommended us to get Jaden multivitamins and Pediasure to supplement the needs for nutrients and calories that Jaden needs.


So off we went to buy Pediasure and I was really crossing my fingers hard that Jaden would take to the formula milk like fish to water. Taking out the milk bottle and new teats that were never used since his birth last year, I scrubbed, washed and sterilized it. Finally, my baby boy is going to take formula milk!!! Sadly, that did not happen.He rejected it real bad. Milk bottle to Jaden is like some foreign object and I guessed he forgot that he once fed through them.
So now the only choice to feed him the formula milk is by mixing it with his morning rice cereals and tea time rice cereals. Twice a day is equivalent I should think. The boy is still on breastmilk solely but that only happens when he is going to sleep at night, in the middle of the night and once early in the morning. I sure hope my supply is still enough for the little boy's intake!


Everyday since I got the multivitamins, I have been feeding him before his breakfast. On some days, he seems to love it, some days, its like having the war of the clones with him just to have that 1 1/2 teaspoon down his throat. *sigh*

He nows know how to call Papa, Mam mam mam and sometimes - rarely but there are still a time or two one would hear Ma Ma from his mouth. Teaching him how to say Pa pa ya now since he loves eating them. I am trying to teach him how to say BALL. Teaching him at his own pace of comfort in absorbing these words. He understands the word NO when said in a really really angry voice. Only when you raise his voice at him but that only will take place through Hubby or I. No one else is allowed to raise their voice at him... He knows how to say Ta ta ta too to want to beat something! That's Hubby's contribution! Trust the man to teach the boy BOY STUFF!

Hopefully by the end of this month, we would be able to see the results of Pediasure working on him. Just to pile on some weight thats all.. not asking him to be obese..


We won't want that would we? I wouldn't be able to carry him then..

No comments: