Friday, October 3, 2008

True friends are hard to find

How many friends do you have that you can actually call them true friends? How many do you have? How many times has it that you know that they will ALWAYS be there for you no matter what? Sometimes words itself is not enough. Action means a lot when in times you really count on them and they dutifully do their rights as your true friend. I have only quite a few that I can count as true friends from my hometown and college. Of course, the main two in my life since childhood is Gwen and SChee. No matter what situation I am in, whether I am in the wrong or right, down or up, they will ALWAYS ALWAYS be there for me WITHOUT FAIL. I owe quite a lot to them in terms of gratitude. I love them both so much. They have always been there for me, guiding me since we were in school. Those sleepovers we have, girl guides activities that brought us closer, movies together, shopping and our eating sessions. Those gossip moments about SAI CHI TEY (a piece of shit) or SAI CHAP TEY (ten pieces of shit) [internal joke shared by three of us]. Its as if we know each other in and out and we seem to understand each other without saying much. Despite three of us living far apart from each other, we will still manage to find time to say hello, update ourselves and care for each other. I can't imagine life without these both angels of mine. That is why no matter what, BOTH OF THEM are to be ALL MY CHILDREN's Godmother!

Then there is these TWO girls that I grew really really close to in college. They both have seen the worst in me and was there through out. They were there for me when I really need them, they made darn sure that no matter how busy they were, whatever plans they had in the first place, they will cancel it out to be with me on my special days. I guess most would have guessed the first girl by now. JOY. Second one, SHARON. Why Sharon? Although she can be rather annoyingly slow when you eat together with her, LOUD like nobody's business when we are talking, DRESSING skills overpowering us (read a lil lian lian) but SHE WILL MAKE IT TO BE THERE NO MATTER WHAT IF I DO NEED HER. I remember Joy telling me about how Sharon insisted on making it to my wedding even though the night before was her cafe's annual celebration and she has to host it till early in the morning and SHE DROVE DOWN TO KL right after the cafe closed for the night... to make it to be with me on my special day. Alas knowing her, tiredness took over and she ter-over slept through the morning session. But knowing what she did just celebrate the day with me is enough for me to know where our friendship stands. These two girls in my life means a lot to me. My aunties for life. And if God allow, the next child of mine, i am going to make these both the Godmother too.

Then there are friends who are really good friends that you can talk to and you know that they are real. Corrine is one of them. How we got to know each other is a funny story. Our first movie together and from there on, we became close. I love being friends with Corrine. She is really comfortable to be with and there is no air of pretense. Even though we hardly meet now, but I still feel her close to my heart.


I have a lot of friends but not all can fit into the category above. Don't be mistaken, I love all my friends but those above hold a very much SPECIAL place in my heart because I know you guys will always be there for me. ALWAYS! You guys would never ditch me in times that I do need you by my side.. I will always remember the day you shared with me on my ONE SPECIAL DAY for that day is only ONCE a LIFETIME and you had etched your name in it! I love you girls!


p/s: Jojie and Xiu Yi, you are special too to me.. love love you both too!!!

Sharon who made it a point to come by to visit, fitting me into her busy schedule even though she is quite rushed for time... how can I not treasure her?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww so sweet *hugs*
u know for a moment i thought - "oh crap you have another kid on the way?? I'll go broke lah liddat..."

firefly said...

hey ems...you're right how we met...and the rest is history lorr...remember the Hitz beach party we went at bt ferringhi?? and the "miao-miao" dolls concert @ Sunway Lagoon?!! That was the only time i saw you screaming and acted like an obsessed teenager...(i think simon would agree with me...)aiyah, too bad i din take a photo of your situation that time...damn farnee lar...but it was cute...hopefully when bb jaden is big enuff you can come up genting to visit me or to attend some cool concert..you missed a few good concerts especially Black Eyed Peas...wat a rock cocnert... herhehehehee

blubbieMs said...

Gwen: AHAHHAAH Don't worry! It won't be that fast yet ler. Prolly when you get married then I will consider if I want to get pregnant again but for the mean time, you are just safe with Jaden. AHHAHAHAHAHHA

Corrine: I know.. those days are one of the best days in life. Remember when you took me to meet the Hitz gang and the next day I ended up as their Hitz Takut Test contestant? Miao Miao girls were AWESOME! Thank you for all those times Corrine.. can't wait to share more of those obsessed teenager moments with you!

firefly said...

yah yah!!! i remember that time the challenge test!!! you were awesome GIRL!!! ahahahaaa

Josie said...

me love you mucha mucha too, emiry roo. x

Gaiety XY Ann said...

and I love u too!!