Sunday, May 4, 2008

Love at first sight? NAH!

I often wondered if I will ever get a boyfriend when I was a little girl. I started having crushes on boys as young as Std 2 but I didn't get one till I was late F4/F5.

I doubt my parents knew about my relationship then but I guess my father did suspect me. Back then, little things like love letters could blew me away. Little things would just made me feel so loved.. I would quickly bathe when I reached home at about 4pm and then run out to another apartment block and pat-toh at the stairway. Now, if I were to see kids do that, all I could do is shake my head and laugh and think its so stupid to hide but I once did it too.

I thought I found the one when I met him while I was holidaying with my mom and aunt. We hooked up and it lasted quite long. There were lots of happy and sad times shared between us but alas, he decided that he has so many girls out there going for him, why stick to me? So over some lame excuse of me being a prying eye, we broke up. Was feeling so devastated that I went on a fasting spree.. till I realized how stupid I was to do such thing. Already a skinny *bitch I was and to starve myself further, wouldn't it be suicidal? So I got my act together and started to eat healthy and tried to have a life of my own again out with my friends. To think about it now, I feel so stupid for feeling like that. But its all good, it made me stronger,

Then I met him who looked Jap-a-like only to find out hes from China. We got on fine with a few 'glitches' here and there but soon, he was just at my heels. Took me back to his hometown and well, his family really treated me like a princess. It was wonderful to spend time with his family but not him. Didn't take me long to figure out that he was not the one that I want to spend my lifetime with so I moved on...

and then I really thought he was the one. Turns out to be the shortest relationship I ever had. He was the typical sweet talker, charming guy who soon after loses interest. I suspect it may also be due to family poisoning if you know what I mean. I don't think the family approve of us much too so well, too bad. It was heartbreaking at first but then I realized that it might only be because of my ego..

A lot of people doubt our relationship. Some even jumped hearing about us. Some absolutely went on out to want to separate us. But when I got on with him, I knew exactly that I would, no matter what, not fear about unfaithfulness. There were so much trust in this relationship that I find it so comfortable. He has so much love to give. There were of course arguments and mean things thrown about but at the end of the day, I just knew that he was the one for me. Definitely him.. and true enough, we ended up together.. him-MY HUBBY... I am glad our path crossed. Its just that being with him, I always feel safe, protected, wanted, loved and loyalty.

So if my young cousins, friends who asked me how is it possible to know if hes the one? Well.. He is the one when you don't have to worry about him being unfaithful.. that his roving eyes and girls are the only thing on his mind. Men you meet in clubs are never a good thing. Knowing a person less than a week and getting on aint exactly a good idea also. My advice would be take your time...

My man? Well.. he is everything I would ask for.. just wishing that he lose that fiery temper at times...

No comments: