Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Ma & Pa

My dearest Mom,

Today is your birthday and I am so sorry you have to go through it alone. I want to go back home badly to celebrate with you. To pamper you and make you feel like a queen although you are already a queen in my heart always. Alas. I am unable to travel back due to my son, whom very much needs his mum to be by his side to breastfeed him every hour. This I blame myself for not teaching him from young on how to drink breastmilk from bottle.

Mom,
I am sorry I haven't been much of a good daughter since I started working. I have not been going home regularly. We only communicate with each other through the phone and it is with much regret for me to just call you and wish you Happy Birthday today. I hope that you had a good day today, but I pray that all your next birthdays to come will be celebrated with me and my family.

I love you Mom and Happy Birthday once again... I would also like to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

This year round, Dad would just have to fill in my space to celebrate with you. Next year round, we go do what mothers and daughters do best.

Lots of Love,
YH


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dearest Daddy,

Today is your birthday. You must be fast asleep right now but I will call you early in the morning later. I have not been really celebrating your birthdays with you for quite some time now. The last I remembered was when I was still a young little girl, I bugged Mother to help me buy chocolates for you as your present. The present somehow ended up in my tummy after that but it was the thought that counts right, daddy?

I have always been your little girl till I became quite a rebel when I reached my late teens. I dislike you for prying into my life. Now, I realize you only cared for me and you fear I stepped over to the dark side. Fear not daddy for it made me stronger and street smart. I fought against your will and ran out here to the city to pursue my education and career. I never did understood why you wanted me to stay behind at home. Now I understand but still daddy, I think I did the right thing tho, to come out here for my future undertakings. I cannot imagine myself staying back in our hometown. Sorry daddy but you know I love you.

I wonder how the three boys is spending your birthday with you but I hope they do it good. I hope that they love you as much as I do. Although I don't say it to your face now but I do really love you.

Happy Birthday Daddy! I hope you and mother will enjoy your birthday cupcakes I specially ordered for both of you.

Love,
YH

2 comments:

Gaiety XY Ann said...

happy mother's day...to the loving daughter and her mother!!!

JL said...

It's the thoughts that count cuz...no worries, you guys will be celebrating The Day together for yearsss to come! Stay strong and HappY Mother's Day to you too!!!!

love