Sunday, May 11, 2008

Diapers for Jaden

There have been some issues raised when it comes to diapers for babies.

The usual question would be

1) Do you use disposable diapers / cloth diapers or the traditional lampin for your baby?

Me? Well, I use disposable and ONLY disposable diaper for Jaden. Why? My reasoning? I just don't have time for all the scrubbing and washing and drying and then back to scrubbing and washing and drying again. I do not have time for these when Hubby's and my laundry and not to mention Jaden's laundry is already filled to the brim of the laundry basket.

I have to say tho cloth diapers did appeal to me once but when the thought of the cleaning etc.., it puts me off completely. I love those cute little designs, those fashionista-looking bum wraparound but they are expensive. Some will say that disposable diapers are also expensive but then when you think about it, it is so darn convenient!

So, what brands of disposable diapers my baby use?



1) MAMYPOKO Newborn and S size (Poo Pocket)

Well, it did fit Jaden well. The diaper was a snuggly fit for the baby's bottom and it does soaked up the pee rather well. Personally I don't really find the poo pocket working as well as how it claimed to be but I do not have much complains. Just that when the pee gets too much, it tends to sop out. The diaper does not really move much as the sticker sticks it well. I give it a 7.5/10.




2) Huggies DRY

The design of the diapers are bad. It looked as if the baby's thighs are so exposed and the private part might catch a cold. The M size is like S size so NO NO. BAD. The soaking up power, well, no complains but the design of the diaper just puts me off. I give it 4.5/10




3) SEALER Newborn / S / M / L

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. PERFECT FIT. PERFECT DESIGN. THEY SOAK THE PEE GOOD. THE POO DOES NOT GET SQUEEZED OUT EVEN WHEN BABY TER-POO A LOT. THE STICKERS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB. GREAT FOR ALL NIGHT LONG USE. Just that not many hypermarkets and baby stores carry them. So far, I could only find them at Baby Fair @ Midvalley, Babyland SS2 and Giant Hypermarkets. Sometimes the size that I want runs out and it takes a long while to wait for the shops to restock. I give it 9/10




4) EQ Dry.

Its value for money. Just that the stickers sometimes aint sticky, thus making me frustrated when baby is struggling and the sticker keeps popping up. The absorbency of the diaper can last for at least 4 hours before it feels heavy with pee. Its good and recommended for day use. I give it 7/10.

These are the four brands of diapers that I have tried for my baby. I dare not try Pampers because of some reviews about babies getting rashes. I head ScoobeeDry is good but Hubby says do not mend what is not broken. Both are us are just happy with Sealer so we shall stick by it.

Jaden has been showing us signs whenever he wants to poo and now I think its time Hubby and I can go invest in a potty for him. *sigh* My little baby is all grown up. We think Jaden is ready to be potty trained. YAY! Hopefully we will be done with diapers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i used traditional lampin during day time and mamypoko at night for my kids. but now many mommies r using cloth diaper liao

JL said...

wow..
So pro about the diapers now!!
I'm so proud of you cuzzie!!!

*lol*
SEe you soon!!!!

love,