Sunday, March 16, 2008

Milestones at his own pace

I thought I was the only one but THANK GOD for the blogging mothers, I discovered that I am not the only one who faces such a dilemma. Babies who are breastfed exclusively from the breast tends to rejects bottles too. So there will always be all sorts of tricks to get their baby to learn how to accept bottles. As for Jaden -nah, he is too stubborn to even want to accept new things unless it includes the word P L A Y.

Of late, I have been reading more and more on blogs by mothers instead of those who are blogging about nothing but fashion, look-good, new hang out places, events and all sorts. I prefer to read about the developments and milestones each kid achieve so that I can learn from the mistakes or right teachings of other mothers. Its like a world where you share the tips on how to and how not to do with/to your child.

I also learnt that most formula fed babies tend to be overweight compared to those breastfed. Although breastfed babies might look under nourish compared to those obese little babies but then you know, that they are actually healthy so well, health is all that matters!

Now that Jaden had discovered that he could tummy time by himself without having mommy to turn him over each time, he has made another new discovery. His latest discovery, HIS LEGS! HE HAS TWO LEGS and TOES THAT CAN WRIGGLE WRIGGLE! yea, he just discovered them like not long and he keeps putting them up in to the air so he can check them out. Yeap, its there alright.. and then 5 minutes later, yeap! His legs are still there... *gRin* Soon he is going to turn over and learn how to be on fours and that is when the real headache starts.

Some of my friends' child which is just about a month or two older already knows how to stand and it seemed that their development milestones is a month or two faster than Jaden but then again, those babies are girls. Maybe boys do take their own sweet time to play and play first. There is this 6 month old baby girl who can already stand. Jaden is going to be 6 months old and he is just turning onto his tummy. I have no worries about Jaden picking these tricks slower than the girl because there is this boy who just turn 8 months, well, he just learnt how to stand so guess I will just stick to my theory that boys do take their time to grow up. No pressure no pressure for my Jaden. As long as he is happy! Can't say that he is a slow learner too because Hubby and I as the parents is to put to blame if that is the reason so. We didnt know that we could make him sit up or let him practise sitting and let him hold his own head when hes about 3 months. We started out slow but look at the achievement today. I am already proud of him so well.. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. Thanks for dropping by!

My son diden walk till he was 14 mths. Started talking real late, and I had suggestions that I should give him more formula so that he can be smarter *Blahhhhh!!!!*

Me, i close my ears on those advices and open them on the good ones.

We should never compare and I don't think it is a problem unless the PD says so.

Btw, you're right, bf babies tend to reject bottles. My #1 rejected bottle once i intro formula at 14 mths. Had been spoonfeeding him fm since then...*so sien*

With my #2, planning to wean fr breast after 6 mth and just be a pumping mom so that bb can get used to bottles...Will see how it goes.