Monday, March 17, 2008

Why should they be treated like that?

Its really disheartening to see some foreign workers being treated like trash. When I say foreign, I meant those from the third world country or those that are not doing better than Malaysia.

A few weeks back, two Bangladeshi men and I were waiting for the lift. I recognised them as one of the cleaners for the apartment. It was already dinner time and both of them just bought dinner to go home and eat but what pissed me off was that there was trash left at the lift on the ground floor by some irresponsible tenant. Poor souls had to picked up other's trash to throw away at the garbage area even at that time, it was after their working hours. Made me really angry.

Then there is today where I was wondering why the lift was stuck at 4th floor. I found out why soon after. A makcik and a Bangladeshi were picking up those irresponsible tenants' trash which they just leave at the lift lobby area because they know there will be someone going to pick it up for them. Sometimes I think these people should just get the taste of the medicine themselves to realize that others do not need to be treated like that. The cleaners were stuck in the lift with three trolleys FULL OF TRASH and the smell is just .. yeah, you can scrunge up your nose and say it again.. its really smelly. Poor souls, although its in their job description but still, they don't have to be treated like they are suppose to PICK UP YOUR TRASH! and to imagine that the pay they receive is less than those irresponsible ones. Sometimes I think these people that works in the cleaning and garbage expertise should be paid as much as an executive out there.. at least..

So so angry!

No comments: