Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feeling under the weather

Pop two panadols last night. Bad bad sore throat. One nose stuck like nobody's business, sometimes have to breath through the mouth. Hate it! Hate being sick. I mean if I was not a mother and all, I would love to take the opp to apply for MC and lie in bed whole day, drinking hot chicken soup but NO! Now it worries me that what if Jaden gets my viral infection?

Took out a thermometer that the hospital gave me and thought I do some self health check. Put in under my tongue for a few minutes and then look at the temp but I could find no shit. Started all over again and still nothing. So I f*cked it and decided to call up the experts..

Call no.1

Hi! Good afternoon.. its me.. bla bla that took one of your services and she said I could call if I got any questions regarding baby and all..
Aah.. yes.
I am wondering if it is still alright to breastfeed my baby now that I am suffering from a very bad sore throat, flu and all. Not sure about fever but my body does ache. I have taken panadol but no positive results shown.. so it is still alright to feed him?
Why not? Its only sore throat and not fever. Panadol is alright.
Its kinda worrying because he would not take milk from bottles, be it nbreast milk or formula.
Thats good! Thats like the best news. You have succeeded as a breastfeeding mother. Its really good to hear that he wants it au natural. The tip is if you want him to take from bottle, then u can try poking small little holes in his teat so it will feel like the nipple.
Ok.. *sigh* thanks
Congrats ya.. so no worries bout panadol and all. Just continue breastfeeding la. Its ok. Bye!


Call no.2
Hello. Is this Doc so and so?
Yea..
I was intro-ed to u by someone who claimed that you are the best.
Uh huh.. what you want Emily?
Cheh.. no fun at all.. how u know its me?
Ur voice la.. hehehehe so whats up?

So i went on telling him whats my prob and he gave me advice. So prolly i will go to the pharmacy later on to get my meds.. sigh..

I really really hate being sick!

No comments: