Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally....

I gave up trying to go the pharmacy to purchase meds. Went straight into the clinic to have my temperature checked as I really was feeling very very under the weather. Body aches, headaches, the stupid flu and sore throat. Felt real shitty for not taking good care of myself and ended up getting sick.

So after I breastfed baby and made sure hes going to be alright for at least an hour with his father at home, I drove opposite my apartment to the clinic. The nurse that was sitting at the reception decided to help me fill in my particulars and when it came to the occupation part, I said I am a housewife. Easier kan? then to explain that I am a PR Exec and why I do not need MC if I am sick and not at work. She looked at me in surprise and said I was rather too young to be a housewife. Hmm...

Went into the doc's room and there he goes, "Heard you are the Minister of Home Affairs?" *sigh* Do you think 24 is a young age to be a housewife? Anyway, told him how sick I was and he took my temp, and voila! Confirmed my fear -I have fever.. thankfully its only slight fever at 38. Told him I was breastfeeding too.. and he asked "How old is your child?" I replied ,"four months" and then he looked at my weight and said "You did lose weight real quick didn't you?" I am 48kg now if you guys are wondering about my weight. Well, I lost 10kgs in about a week after giving birth so I guessed its a good thing. I was 45kg when I first found out about my pregnancy.. so about just 3kgs.. maybe I should just maintain it at 46kg maybe?

Got prescribed a few meds which I should religiously take to avoid further infection. I hate meds by the way. Never did like them.. NEVER! so now I am only hoping once I finish the antibiotics' course, I would be alright by then.. got a wedding registration function to look forward to this weekend... =)

2 comments:

Gaiety XY Ann said...

I hope that you'll be fine soon!

blubbieMs said...

I hope so too xy! I hope so too...sweating like a pig away I tell you with all the body heat perspiring outta me!