Friday, October 5, 2007

Dropped!

Last night, Baby Jaden's umbilical cord fell off. As in it dried up and came off on its own. Scared the shit outta Hubby and me because before that, as we were just going to bathe him, we saw a little pus at the belly button. Hubby panic and called Doc Yong. Was advised if it smells, then its best to head straight to the paediatrician. So both of us started hopping into Joy's car and headed straight to the medical center and seek for medical assistance since the paediatrician's clinic was closed. A little antibiotic and clean-up and we were sent home... Our little precious! Never had we, our heart jumped like that...

Today, Hubby had to head over to a client's office so Baby and I had to go for the 1st week check-up with Doc Altaf. So far, the belly button is fine but we were still advised to clean it with the antibiotics at least for two-five more days, just to make sure that the germs do stay away from our precious! His weight went up 300gms since birth.. he is supposed to weigh a kg by the end of this month... o.Oh and Doc says to sun him for at least 5-10 minutes in the morning sun.. but how on earth am I suppose to sun him in the morning sun when the cars are all zooming out their exhaust fumes?

Ma-in-Law went over to Aunt Lin's place today and she will be staying there till Monday. Good also as she seemed to be getting bored here. No friends to really chat with over a cup of coffee which she is so used to in Malacca... and also, her only source of entertainment is Animal Planet and Baby Jaden.

Am starting to get the hang of taking care of my son now and also predict his wake-up calls. Not always accurate but about there laaaa! Weekend is here but Hubby would be working his arse off as there are quite a number of things to get done, and he, too wants to spend some personal time talking and cooing to Baby Jaden. No more personal time for me.. its all about Jaden Jaden Jaden. As for me, I think I shall catch up on sleep and more sleep.. and more sleep because Baby Jaden is a night owl! He gets really active early in the 'morning' and dawn.. so wrong the timing for both Hubby and me.. *sigh*

Will be having my post-natal checkup with Doc Yong this Monday. Wonder if my weight did drop..so curious to find out but I do feel lighter and skinnier now.. psychologically anyway.. it helps a lot to build back confidence.. *wink* Have to fit back into my little black dresses now PC's wedding is drawing near!

No comments: