Saturday, October 6, 2007

b.r.e.a.k.i.n.g slowly

Baby just fell asleep after drinking 90ml of milk. Although I breastfeed, there are times when formula do come in handy, especially at nights like these. I do feed him formula once a day, depending on the time -usually at night so he would have a long, comfortable good night sleep. We, too the parents do get a good night sleep .. till he gets hungry again in about 3 hours... and the need to change the diapers..

Josie and Wei Ling took Hubby and I to The Curve earlier. I have to buy some essentials from Mothercare. Took baby out as there was no one to take care of him at home. Ma-in-law went to Aunt Lin's for the weekend, leaving both Hubby and I to our own personal time with Baby. Hubby, on the other hand, met up with the guys for dinner and drinks. He deserves the time out anyway after being such a darling at home, making sure I stay sane and happy and everything sweet laaa! Joy and Sonia then came over to my place, together with Josie and Wei Ling to teman me while Hubby was out. Girls fussing over Jaden. If only he knew what he could do, just by being himself and getting all the oohs and aahs from the girls.. such a heart-stealer! Hubby and I think hes going to be a heart-breaker too when he grows up, with that cheeky smirk!

Baby went for his first visit to the paediatrician today. Got him checked for jaundice, belly button, weight and health.. so far everything is going well. We, parents did a job well done so far.. plan to keep it going forever too.. got to bring him back end of this month for another check-up and immunization. Doc says Baby should weigh 1kg at the end of this month, which if he does, it means he is eating right.

As for me, I suddenly have sunken eyes and I can now feel my jawline so clearly compared to the days of pregnancy. Am feeling rather scared that I am growing skinny a little too fast and bad for health. Too thin means unhealthy and less milk production for Baby. Nay am I going to let that happen. Whatever it is, my baby should get all the right nutriens! My turn for checkup this Monday...

Have been having an on / off emotional breakdown. Just need to cry it out and I feel better. Think me going mad but guess this is also part of the process (part n parcel). It will pass.. I am confident of that because nothing will bring me down. I have Hubby's love and support and a Baby to be responsible for.. I am strong! At least I like to think so, because with positive thinking, it keeps me going the right direction!

Since Baby is fast asleep now, I better grab the opp to sleep too. Sleep is precious. Turning into bed now with Hubby.. nites!


2 comments:

Disco Ball Pixie said...

post natal depression is common in new mothers. don't read too much into it. i think you're doing a fantastic job =) really. simon and jaden are lucky to have you. and as long as you try, things will be fine. hang in there.

blubbieMs said...

Thanks.. appreciate ur comment n concern too.. n ur company! Helps a great deal to know that there are friends out there for me, giving me time of the day anytime.. =) *huGs*