Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Modern day Druggie

You know how these days, whenever we feel unwell, without thinking much, we pop pills?

*sigh* We are such modern day druggies in a way.

I have a feeling it has a little to do with all those westernized movies we watch, where these western people put their pills in their bathroom, and whenever before bed or when they wake up or whenever they feel like it, they pop a few into their mouth.

Well, I am more of a panadol and clarinase druggie. Whenever I feel a headache coming, or one that is throbbing, without thinking much, I pop two panadols in. If it does not work for me in 2-3 hours, I pop another two to make sure it takes its effect. But do you know that there are actually side effects in popping panadols? oooooo... I did not really know that until my friend told me BUT he has not told me what effect la and I have yet to do my research on it. Just that now, it got me twice thinking about popping it yet I just did it last night again because I was feeling the chill, body-aching (the type when you are going to have a fever).

Clarinase? Well, that is because of my sinusitis that can get real bad and sometimes clarinase just doesn't help. It seemed to have lost its magic effect on clearing up a block nose. Maybe by popping it, it psychologically made me feel a little better.

You know, just like when you are sick and you go to a doctor, you immediately feel a little better after stepping out with your bag of medicine and doctor's diagnose?

Well, I am back to feeling the chills and bone aching whenever the wind blows at me. NO! It is not arthritis! Its just the sick painful feeling before I fall sick. Damnit! Trying to refrain from popping panadol now...

No comments: