Friday, February 19, 2010

Wives on an island

It all started wtih Gwen posting a comment on my page, right after her Japan trip, saying she badly needs a holiday.

The nonsense then started rolling with WWei agreeing to what she said, and then facebook messages were sent out among the girls and right soon after, it became a full-fledged planned girly trip, supposedly for everybody to meet up and the only time everybody might be back in Penang/Malaysia would be the Chinese New Year time.




Mind you, the email was sent out very early September and just in a matter of that one day, everybody came to an agreement of choosing a local beach destination. Me, being the housewife at home, with lots of time compared to those working ladies, I was in charged of doing more research on hotels, flights and getting everybody to agree on that one date to go off together.

The trip was to start of with at least 5 of us in mind -Gwen, PChern, WWei, SChee & I. We knew Evon couldn't really make it cause of work commitments and her family might just take off for some CNY getaway instead.




Nearing the date, Gwen pulled out by saying she has a case going on that month and she needs to be in Australia. SChee then told me like a month earlier before the trip that she might not be able to make it due to work commitments too.. both of us kept quiet till nearing the date, 3 weeks before informing the other 2 girls and the trip nearly got canceled.

I, of course was really disappointed because I was so looking forward to this trip but if the heart ain't there, whats the use of going anyway right? In the end, both my girlfriends then made up the mind to just go and whee! SChee arranged everything to change to my name in hotel booking and in a blink of an eye, the day arrived.




I drove myself to the airport at 5am in the morning. Reached LCCT at about 6am, parked there and checked in and flew off.




Waited for the two girls to arrived half hour later than I at the other airport while I go about and tried to nego my way through with the car rentals. Pricing was crazy! I flew in from KL and the two flew in from Penang. In the end, I had the help of my father to source for me the cheapest rate for a 2 day 1 night use of a car.










We stopped by Pantai Cenang for breakfast first as it was still too early to be doing anything else and we were all hungry. It was a nice breakfast bar, which I researched the night before to see where we could dine and wined. Thankfully I did what I did. If not we would be wandering aimlessly around the island, not knowing where to go eat breakfast!

After that, we drove over to the hotel, which was located in the city. It was beautiful! Security was really tight at the hotel too. They just don't let anybody drive into the hotel. I like!



We checked in to the hotel but was informed room will only be ready at about 3pm. Shucks! It was only 11am then. WWei then decided to change in to short pants/skirt as the weather was quite hot. Both those girls were already sweating in their pants. Literally and physically! PChern decided to change only when we checked into the room. So off we went to duty free shops we saw along the way when we drove to the hotel and did some shopping first.

WWei was already feeling chilly, and we suspected that she might be coming down with fever, since she also mentioned that she has sore throat. Without thinking twice, we drove to the nearest pharmacy and made her buy panadol and some lozenges. It helped quite abit after she took two pills. We headed back to the hotel and hung out at the Breeze lounge while waiting to check into our room.























Service was great! View was fantastic! Our luggages were already taken to the room for us. Nice!











The receptionist actually came to the lounge to find us to inform us that our room was ready. Good kan? Right after we settled down in the room, we changed and headed to the pool. PChern couldn't join us to dip in the pool due to personal reasons, so it was only WWei and I. Dipping in the infinity pool, sipping to our drinks. Me and my beer, she and her some bealthy celery kiwi drink (yuck) we took quite a lot of photos.







We headed back to the room at about 5pm, bathed and all. WWei had heat rash then. *LOL* I know its really bad of me to laugh at her but she looked swollen here and there. We waited a bit for her swelling to subside and off we went to search for dinner.













We headed back to Pantai Cenang since she wanted to buy some batik sarong tie dress and only at this beach, we saw a number of nice looking ones compared to those in town. I actually wanted to have seafood but those girls weren't really a big fan of seafood and the smaller one can't be taking grilled stuff, so oh wells, might as well be safe and enjoy the rest of the holiday!




After dinner, we walked and shopped around a bit before heading back to call it a night. By the time we were all done, bathed and all, it was only about 11pm. PChern and I then finished a bottle of ice wine to ourselves and drank a few cups of Baileys too. The hotel sent us ice in a bucket! It was so good to drink it with the Baileys.

We then do best what we do best when we get together. We gossiped and after a while, guess the early morning trip did took a toil on us and we fell asleep quite an instant once lights were out. It was about 1am then.







I was the first to wake up and use the shower at about 7am. By 730am, everybody was awaken up by me because of my stupid snoozed alarm. *tee hee*

We only left for breakfast at about 9am, after both those girls dilly-dallied. So many bottles of dunnowhat to apply on WWei's face, PChern was busy trying to stuff her bag silly in order to shut it properly.

Speaking of bags! WAH! I thought I was already over the top with the clothes I brought over just for a 2 days 1 nigth trip. Those girls beat me hands down! Especially WWei who told me the night before she is only bringing a small hand luggage. She brought over 2 FILLED UP TO THE BRIM FULL hand luggages. *shakes head*




Breakfast was good.. and so was what that happened after.

Three of us had a spa session each at 20% discount. Some chocolate mask spa and all three of us fell asleep when wrapped in the chocolate. The spa area too was wonderful. So serene. PChern's and my room was next to the beach, so we could also hear the birds chirping outside. The spa did indeed live up to their name -Heavenly Spa.












After spa, we headed out to the town again to buy whatever we wanted to buy back home. I bought more chocolates for Jaden, 2 dark chocolates, 3 long Heineken tins @ RM3.30 per tin and a carton of ciggie for Hubby and 1 Reese Peanut Butter chocolate for myself. PChern was sweet enough to give me the unfinished bottle of Baileys to bring home too. *gRin* Sweet isn't it?






I left for the airport first since my flight was like 2 1/2 hrs earlier than both of them. They decided to take a cab to the airport instead. They bought chicken rice from the town and took it back to the beach area by the spa to eat and enjoy.

By the time I was queuing to board my plane, both of them just reached the airport.










*sigh* It was really a good trip. I think it is one of the best thing that could have ever happened to me in 2010, in terms of getting together with the girlies!

but but but, the one person who made it all happen for me is still Hubby. Without him, I don't think I would be able to afford to go on sucha holiday. Thank you baby! =)

1 comment:

firefly said...

a box of ciggie to simon??? ehm...correct me if im wrong but i thought he has stop puffing???