Saturday, February 13, 2010

Goodbye Moo, Hello Kitty =)

The SimonYap clan left for Aunt Lin's at about 630pm. Jaden's and my 3rd reunion dinner with the family.


Sis-in-law & I


This year, we have a new person that joined us at the dinner table, Edmond's latest girlfriend. *sniff* Bye Kelly!



From L-R (Standing-Seating) : Aunt Lin, Herman, Pa-in-law, Edmond & Girlfriend, Joyce, Yvonne, (my empty seat), Hubby and Aunty Diana


Anyway, this year, Pa-in-law decided to grace us with his presence at the dinner table compared to last year, which is good, because what use is a reunion dinner when all family members aren't present to eat the good food together. Of course it will be complete if Ma-in-Law and Raymond could have joined us, too but they have never joined the table together before with us. The last I remembered them joining us was only at my wedding. =)

Pa-in-law was so cute. When he arrived and I acknowledged his presence there by calling him "Father", he nodded and smile at me. Two minutes later, he was looking for Jaden's mother to pass the angpow to. *sigh* When he passed me the angpow to give to Jaden, he told me married people don't get angpows anymore. Hahahaha.. well, that has been happening since 3 years ago right? I only got one angpow from him before and that was the one and only time before I was married into the family. That too, I wasn't even there in person to receive it.

I was really glad to hear that Pa-in-law was joining us and there was quite a lot of good food laid out on the table. *respect* Aunt Lin cooked it all by herself and it was wonderful-lah to be eating homecooked food cooked by somebody else.

My rude young brother-in-law, Herman, who a few days earlier told me that he had never cared for reunion dinners in his whole life. Mind you, he is only 19 but well, I don't really care if he was there at the table or not. The important people were there and I am happy. I only want the elders to be there. =)


The youngest member of the Yap clan -sleeping away


Jaden fell asleep before dinner started and woke up cranky, crying just before Hubby and I finished our dinner. Grandpa Yap tried to bribe him with ice-cream only to be retaliated with more angry shrieks and cries. Everybody said that Jaden is too garang to go near. Hubby and I just left him on the floor crying while we finished our dinner, just because the small one is crying and throwing tantrum for no apparent reason. We don't give in to such unacceptable behaviours.

I guess Jaden's crying made everybody scared and soon after, like a good 5 minutes or so, everybody disappeared. Some went out to meet their friends, some went home almost immediately and some went and hid inside their room. *LOL* Its almost cartoon-like how everybody quickly vanished when a baby cries.

Jaden finally calmed down and ate his dinner when everybody has left. Almost everybody. *sigh*

and then, that was it. End of reunion dinner.


The Reunion Dinner Dishes (guess which one is mine and Hubby's rice plate?)


Reunion dinners over here in KL is different from the reunion dinners I had for the past 22 years of my life in Perlis. We usually have dishes accompanied by steamboat which I will just whacked masuk my tummy till late at night. Here, its mostly just dishes, and of course soup.. well, guess different places and family will have its different cultures and I just have to live with it as long as I belong to the SimonYap clan.



Father & Son


Happy Chinese New Year everybody!

1 comment:

firefly said...

wow.....u and simon really "fan-tong".. no offend, dear....just that i am suprised you too eat a BIG plate of rice...bet it was the dishes that got you salivated... :P

HAPPY CNY and wishing the simonyap clan joyous 2010 !!! :D