Tuesday, February 23, 2010

...Ungraceful ageing...

I look into the mirror and all I see is a 27 year old, now feeling like a 37. But how does a 37 year old feel for real, I would not know for that would be 10 years down the road for me to find out... but still..

The signs of ageing is starting to show on me so prominent.


The wrinkles around my eyes, crowfeet tells me I am no longer the youthful girl I once used to be, not caring a thing for eye creams and now here I am, trying to figure out which eye cream would work best for me to at least delay those signs showing on me..


The elasticity of the skin, once like the baby's smooth butt is now dry and haggard, with proofs of struggles with a young padawan at home, *abusing* those one slim arms (now fat), the roughness of the hands once pampered with lots of hand lotions (now, there is no time for all these when handling a 2 yo) and the dryness that follows under the hot rays of sun.



Caring for the body from outside, applying tons of layers of protection can only be seen as a once in a blue moon treat just because I can never really sit down and find time to do all these. Motherly duties call all the time and not wanting to apply them on only to wash them all off again, after running after the boy and sweating it all away.

Hubby would have allowed me to get whatever skincare range I want for myself but seeing that it could only be a waste of money in my case (at the moment), I guessed I will just have to save on it and re-think about it when the young one grows up a bit more and get more settled compared to now...

So from now on, my birthday wishes from now on would only be:_

Hoping for the best of health for all my family members and myself and graceful ageing.. with lots of happiness following suit.. =)

Ungraceful ageing -one of the biggest fear of all women I think.. or is it mankind? Hmmm

No comments: