Saturday, December 19, 2009

and finally I turned 22.. or is it 23?


Having two birthday cakes for this one special occasion, two birthday dinners and one birthday lunch, celebrating with loved ones and bestfriends were more than enough to make me appreciate the beautiful life that I am living every day.

*p/s: while I was typing this very para above, the electricity on my whole floor went off *poof into darkness* and Jaden and I were home alone. Luckily, the boy was fast asleep.. but well, soon the heat got the better of him and that woke him up... poor lil one!

First, let me tell all about what my Hubby did for me on my actual birthday.

Jaden and I got delayed in Penang. AirAsia really never fails to surprise us with all these delays. Our flight back to Penang was already delayed and the flight back to KL, too was delayed. In fact, it was actually a 9pm flight but got delayed to 1230am.. thankfully, they arranged for a 1030pm flight for us but that, too got delayed till about 1050pm. *sigh* Both Jaden and I reached LCCT at about 1202am, waiting for our luggage and by the time we sat in the cab.. it was about 1230am.

I have already got three smses so far from my friends here in KL -VeeMei, Xy and YitFong wishing me Happy Birthday when I touched down in LCCT.


Hubby, was waiting down at the lift there when we arrived home to help me with Jaden and the luggages. I was so happy that he actually prepared a Birthday Cake for me, one of my favourite BlueBerry CheeseCake with the word "Happy Birthday Mummy" written on it. *yay* I got to make a birthday wish and blow out my birthday candles with my two boys.





Nothing much after that till I caught glimpse of my birthday present from Hubby. Costing over RM200 for it, I was so touched that he actually did go out to get me that... Nothing much happened after that was because both Jaden and I were too tired to do anything but sleep.. o.Oh glorious sleep!



The next day, Hubby took me to eat at one of the places I have been meaning to try out. Korean BBQ dinner. It was a very satisfying meal because ONE: THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL AND IT FILLED ME UP! TWO: Service was great! THREE: I fell in love with Korean Kimchi soup that has the tanghun inside.. ooh la la!




So that was pretty it. A nice quiet little birthday this year with just two of my boys. Just what I wanted back home here in KL.



BIRTHDAY LUNCH WITH PARENTS:-



Took my parents to try out my cousin's Thai Restaurant as my birthday lunch treat.




Its been years since I last sat down with both of them together for my birthday. The last I remembered was when I turned 19.. and then it was mostly on my own or just one of them. So this year, with both of them together sitting down celebrating my birthday was wonderful.





We had it on the 18th December though because I was coming back in the evening.


BIRTHDAY DINNER WITH BESTIES:-

SChee and Jeff took me to this one restaurant in Autocity for dinner. At first, I really thought it was just a dinner with both of them without expecting anything much. All I wanted to do was to go have coffee after dinner and making them buy me a mini little cake and a candle to blow.

We had Japanese buffet for dinner and it was laughter all the way over the dinner table. The last I had dinner with them was end of April this year at Tambun. The last time Jeff and SChee celebrated my birthday together was when I was turning 18 if I am not mistaken... So this will be the 3rd time both of them are celebrating with me. *sigh* Gwen celebrate it most with me, almost every year we will meet up. I am expecting her to be down in KL early Jan 2010 and celebrating a post-birthday thing with me and take our annual photo!


SChee came up with the most horrendous excuse which I believed. Gawd.. to think I actually believed her! She told me that Jeff has a look that means he has to go do 'business' and off he went to God knows where. So I was busy talking to SChee and suddenly out of nowhere, Jeff sprung out from behind and gave me a bouquet of roses. That was from SChee of course but she enslaved him to do so so I would be more distracted with her than if I am with Jeff. I was already so happy and all.. and then a group of waiters and waitresses started lining up and coming up to our table, holding the birthday cake with a musical candle.



I was so touched! So surprised!!!!!! Really! It was really really very unexpected of both of them to prepare such a thing for me! =) =)

SChee put two candles for me to blow it out and well, I got tricked again by her. She stuck a trick candle there, that can't be put out by just blowing at it. Cheated for the second time. She got me a Strawberry Chocolate cake. Yummy too. Ate most of it there at the restaurant and took the leftover back for mom to try.


Jeff paid for dinner because he claimed to be big boss. *sigh* SChee pulak was laughing away saying the reason she asked Jeff out to join us is so that he can pay for our meals. LOL I know this sounds like we are using him but truthfully, its not that way. Its just that in Penang, our way of inviting one out to dinner and treating one another is different from what is usually practiced in KL. That was why I was so not used to it when I first came down to KL to study and when it came down to a RM0.20 also some calculated it to the max.





We then camwhored ourselves outside the restaurant for a while before splitting ways back home. It was really a nice birthday surprise from my friends this year.



The next night, I was supposed to meet up with another friend but got FFK for her boyfriend. So I met up with SChee, Jeff and Evon again for a cuppa coffee @ Coffee Bean. Now that was one nice way to end the one week I have in Penang with my friends. To spend with the ones closest to heart is always the best!



So yea, with all the candle blowing and birthday cakes I had, I am finally 26 years old.

Happy Birthday to me!


No comments: