Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mothers dont have rights

I was told that I no longer have rights to watch my dramas, no right to do whatever I want just because I am now a mother. Is it true that mothers no longer have rights to have some time to themselves? no rights to be with friends and catch up from time to time? no rights to achieve her own dreams?

Had an argument last night, more to a one way argument where he 'trashed' on and I just keep quiet. Its always good to stay quiet and be accused of everything that has to be thrown at, be it right or be it wrong.. its always best to just be mute in such a situation. Some points striked me hard, some points just got my mind floating away escaping to somewhere else. Body here, mind elsewhere.

Its really frustrating to wake up to everyday getting scolded, getting blamed, getting accused at, getting trashed, its best to be silent and not even talk at all as silence from me would be golden in this house of mine..

I wonder if anyone out there experienced the same thing, getting scolded on the day before the wedding, on the wedding dinner itself, on the morning that you are looking forward to go and sign the marriage papers, when the baby has colic, when the person wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, when the person is feeling hot and just lash out when he feels like it.

Life is wonderful isn't it? Sometimes a walk down to the garbage bin, the letter box is really a relieve/a breather and well, its back to reality again after that.

1 comment:

Mom2ashleyaidan said...

Who trashes you? Mothers do have rights... U just hv to fight for it otherwise you'd be taken granted for :)