Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lunch

This is no new dish but for me, this is the first time I made it and it turned out well.. so here goes.

Semi-Dry Curry Chicken
  • A whole tray of diced chicken (can buy in Giant / Tesco) -sprinkled with salt
  • Curry leaves (1 stickful of leaves)
  • Curry Powder for Meat (Allagappa's)
  • Bunga Cengkih (6 to 7)
  • Star Anise (3)
  • Coconut Milk (pour accordingly /whatever amount you think reasonable)
  • 2 tablespoon of soya sauce
  1. First, I washed the diced chicken and sprinkled a generous amount of salt. Would like to think I locked in some taste into the chicken.
  2. Washed the curry leaves, drained and put aside.
  3. Heat up the pot, pour in the oil.. and then pour in the spices such as curry leaves, bunga cengkih and star anise and fry a little till you smell the fragrance of the spices.
  4. Pour in the curry powder, not too much.. maybe a small little rice bowl quantity.
  5. Drizzle in the coconut milk then.
  6. Seeing that your curry powder might look a little fried, pour in just half a cup of water from your usual drinking mug. Maybe 1/4 would also do.
  7. Then put in the chicken and let them all be coated nicely with the curry.
  8. After two minutes or so, when the curry starts to boil, pour the soya sauce in for taste. Not too much as you don't want the curry to be toooooo salty.
  9. Stir from time to time so the bottom will not be charred. Low heat would be best!
  10. Once you feel the chicken is cooked and have the curry taste in them a bit, its ready to be served.

p/s: I did not put in potatoes because I forgot but it would really go nicely with diced little potatoes. Recommended!

So there, my semi-dry curry chicken for lunch.. sorry I didn't manage to take photos because when I remembered, it was all gone! =)

o.Oh and remember I said something about my Creamy Corn Konnyaku Jelly. It turned out ok but I was not really satisfied with it. Hubby says it tasted something like what someone on diet would eat. Not 'lemak' enough.. but that was not what I felt about it.. its something missing.. I really wonder what. This is how it looked like!




Looks disgusting eh? I felt disgusted when I came to eating the body part.. it really felt as if I was eating goldfish for real! LOL


No comments: