Monday, June 1, 2009

Yesterday and Today

YESTERDAY I woke up as early as 730am, made milk for Jaden to drink.. went off to bathe and freshen up and out I took my parents to have dim sum at Damansara Jaya. My dad has been coming up to KL so many times and I think this is one of my first time bringing both he and my mother out for breakfast. Well, I am not counting the times I have to wake up early to fetch them to the hospital for ma's check up.. but well, breakfast with them this time round brought me back memories to days when I was still a young little girl to form 5 where Dad will bring us out to dimsum every Sunday morning. This time, its my turn taking them out for breakfast and paying for the bill. Feels good to be a big girl now!


Taken last month during my parents' birthday / Mother's Day celebration

Dad went back on the 430pm bus. Since I had nothing else better to do, I decided that I would fetch him down to Puduraya instead of him taking the bus and LRT and walk all the way to Pudu. Took Jaden and mother out with me too.. and when we came back, Hubby was still having his weekend sleep. *sigh*


Sitting with Gong Gong watching French Open as soon as I woke up

Cooked dinner for mother and Hubby at about 6pm since mother had a full lunch with dad earlier on and Hubby had a realllllllly late BIG ASS lunch. This time, I cooked dices of chicken marinated with a dash of rice wine, a dash of sesame oil, generous sprinkle of salt, dark soya sauce and a tablespoon of corn flour. Then I stir fried the chicken with lots of garlic, red capsicium cut into thin strips and a 6-7 dried chillis. They turned out quite well although I think I did bad.

In fact, I did bad for the whole meal. I even went wrong with the rice... *shakes head* Had wanted to cook the chicken rice but I overestimated and it turned out too salty that I have to cook another pot of white rice to mix with the chicken rice.


Do I look like a school-going boy?

Vege was stirred fried as usual, so nothing went wrong there but the rice and the chicken dish felt so wrong to me that I went into depression. I went straight into the room where Jaden was napping and I fell asleep beside him there for almost an hour.

Hubby was then busy with work, glued to the comp.. so to avoid Jaden pissing him off by climbing on him, I took mother and Jaden out to Tesco to do some grocery shopping. We went out at about 930pm .. and on the way home, get stuck in the 1030pm-everybody-goes-home traffic jam. Earlier in the day, we were stuck in the Masjid Jamek jam going to Pudu, coming back jam from KL Sentral through Brickfields.. But boy, it just felt thereupeutic for me to drive the whole of yesterday tho.

That explains why I am feeling so tired out TODAY that all I want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep. Hubby even have to make lunch for the whole household today. *oops* Guess what we had for lunch? We had breakfast! Sausages, Eggs, Mashed Potato and Baked Beans! =)


Watching evening news AEC with Gong Gong

Thought I would make dessert and I am just done with the Creamy Corn Konnyaku Jelly. This is the first time I am trying out the recipe. Used Coconut Milk instead of Evaporated Milk or Whole Milk. Wonder if it will work but now I am letting it cool down in the fridge. If it turns out good, I will share the recipe.. if not, guess I have to try till I succeed. I am such a failure in the kitchen, unlike Hubby who has the Midas' touch to cooking. He says its either you are it or you are not it.. and I fall into the NOT IT category.. *shrugs* I guess that is when the saying "Practice makes perfect" comes in good I guess.. =)

Jaden is back to his no appetite and refusing his rice cereals. So worried about him now. His appetite is slowing down. He can't seem to finish his food lately. I hope it is just for these couple of days only.. if not, I have to feed him back Pediasure to make sure he don't lose weight and have enough nutrients at the same time.

No comments: