Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Baby Mason @ 24 Days old

In a blink of an eye, Mason is already 24 days old.

Each passing day has been great, watching him grow and me, learning to read his cues and bonding with him over each breastfeeding session.

Right now, he prefers me over Hubs and everytime he melts my heart with the adoring look he gives only to me.

In a way, his feeding and sleeping is different from Jaden but both Hubs and I think this is also quite a feisty child, as he can be really really demanding too. 

As for me, I seemed to be much more zen this time round with my second son compared to when I was caring for Jaden the very first time.

Post natal depression has stayed far from me this time round as I did not cry without a reason or have negative thoughts such as being a failure as a mother. I know I felt that when I did not know how to read Jaden's cries when we first brought him home. Hubs said this is called experience. Maybe he is right.

Jaden has started to approach Mason on his own, kissing him on the head or wanting to pat Mason without prompt, which I find it really sweet yet we have to watch Jaden carefully as he has yet to learn how to control his strength despite all the good intentions he has towards his brother.

I haven't got to pump breastmilk out for storage like other mothers. So far, there is only 3 bottles of 60-80ml of milk in my freezer as Mason prefers to direct latch and that I have the fear in me that if I pump out and Mason wants to latch on, I wouldn't have enough to supply to his demand that very moment and it will be a very frustrating situation for the both of us. I really need to work more on the lazt breast if I want to have an equal size to both sides though I doubt it will ever get back to that state. 

Mason has got a bout of baby milia now, and is growing more and more each day.. *sigh* such a heartache to see.. and I am really hoping its milia and not food allergy from my breastmilk towards what I eat. 

Mason slept almost through some nights or at least 4-5 hours without waking up which is good but when he is awake, its hard to leave him alone in his crib or rocker as he wants to be carried and attended to most of the time. I am seriously considering babywearing him. Hmm.. 

We will be having a full moon dinner to celebrate the joyous occasion of him becoming one month old real soon with our family and close friends. 

Time really passes by quickly eh? 





No comments: