Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Baby Mason @ 11 Days Old

I am going to be a good blogger for now, and shall keep blogging about Mason's updates so I can look back and remember each day of how he is growing up with us.




Jaden, as the big brother, at first gets easily frustrated when he hears Mason crying but now, he is in the process of coping with Mason's cries, sometimes he will peek over at Mason and see what is the fuss, or he will either join in the crying and both the brothers will drive me up the wall.

Last Tuesday, 10th Dec, we brought Mason back to the hospital for his second dosage of oral Vit K. His birth weight went up from 3.31kg to 3.45kg and that was only in a span of 3-4 days.

Today, 17th Dec, we had to bring him back to the paed as she wanted to have a follow-up on him as he was then starting to show signs of slight jaundice from last week. However, after seeing him today, and asking me how he often he is pooing and what colour and texture is his poo, she sent us home, saying it is only mild, showing on the face while his hands and legs are all normal.. that he is fair looking, thats why he looks a bit yellow for now. Nothing to worry about, no blood pricking needed and the next appointment for the 3rd dosage of Vit K is in 6 weeks time.

We also got to weigh Mason and measure his height. 

He is now weighing in at 3.64kg and 54cm in height. Boy, and he is only 10 days old. Its a good sign that he is piling on weight too, thats what his paed said. She commented some newborns tend to lose a bit of weight in the first week. 

As for me, I had my gynae checkup scheduled today too.. and when Dr Yong said that my wound are almost 90% healed and my uterus is halfway contracting back to its normal size. *phew* Pap smear would be in 6 weeks time too... and I bet he is going to give me a small pep talk about the birds and the bees again, like how he used to, just for my own good, just in case I do not wish to get pregnant again.. which is YA.. NOT WHEN I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY PREPREGNANCY WEIGHT AND COFFEE AND LOTS OF GOOD FOOD I AM MISSING OUT ON... for now, maybe :) :)

I mean, I am so in love with pregnancy and to be able to have this miracle of another being growing inside you to be a tiny human, that is beautiful..  ANYWAY..

My weight? Well.. From a bulking 62.7kg, I only managed to shed off 8.9kg and not the whopping 10kg I was so looking forward to. So, currently, I am weighing in at 53.8kg 10 days after giving birth.




Mason's umbilical cord dried up and dropped off on Thursday, 12th Dec. The day he was expected to be due.. Faster than what we expected but today, the paed said, there will be the second part to dry up and drop off too.. so, we are just waiting for that to happen. 

Mason is starting to be accustomed to his bath, no longer screaming his head off at us, sometimes even lulled into sleep by the warm water on his body. Must have felt like 'home' to him after being in the amniotic sac for about 40 weeks. 

He is still not liking diaper change, and always cry out loud. Really, a 3+ kg boy making so much noise.. its amazing!

My breastmilk came on Monday night, and I have been fully breastfeeding him since, except that once when I supplement it with formula milk just once as I felt I was too engorged to let him latch on, and also there was a nipple tear. 

I have been only pumping my left so far, and last week, I could only yield about 1.5oz of milk. Last night, I managed to pump about 60ml of milk. Yay to that! By the power of determination, I really pray that I will be able to make that 2 year breastfeeding journey with Mason. 

Today, the bits of Mason's umbilical cord came off completely.. and hes been pretty cheeky at times too. Sometimes I am not sure if its nerves in him that triggers it off or hes just laughing in his sleep, flashing megawatt smiles. *sigh*

Like what hubs say, "Makes you fall in love all over again..."

No comments: