Monday, November 4, 2013

35th Week update

Just came back from my baby check-up today, and we are approaching 35 weeks in 2 days time. 

My blood pressure and pee seems to indicate everything is normal and my weight went up 2kg in 2 weeks. 

I was 59.2kg last two weeks ago and now, I weighed in at 61.2kg. I guess its pretty acceptable to me, 2kg in 2 weeks as this is the time that baby needs to really start piling on good weight to come out all healthy and strong. 

But if I were to calculate the weight I pile on in a month, it still adds on to 4kg in a month. *sigh*

ANYWAY, I was happy to hear that baby is now at an estimated weight of 2.8kg. He went up 500grams. 

I have been hoping we could at least get a 3D shot of baby this pregnancy but it seems baby has something else up his mind. Each checkup, he will have one hand or another covering his face, and my gynae would advise us against doing the 3D as it would be quite a complete waste of our money. 

Looking back at exactly where I was when I was at the same week, pregnant with Jaden, I wrote that I only piled on a miserable 200grams in two weeks but now, I piled on 2kg in two weeks. Oh boy!

So, at 35 weeks, I have piled on 14.2kgs .. and I am still going to pile on more.. anyone placing bet yet, what the final weight is going to be just before I pop? 

I managed to complete my birth plan yesterday, so I took the opportunity to discuss with my gynae my concerns and thankfully, he did not see me as some whacko! 

He said he understood where I was coming from and that he also offered me a choice of giving the baby oral vit-k intake instead of the injection. He did not push me or insist on it, just saying the choice is mine to make.

It seems that there is no way I can escape the waiting till no pulsation before clamping and cutting the umbilical cord as I do want to do cord blood banking, so should I take the option of waiting till no pulsation, that would mean, there would be no cord blood left or enough cord blood left to be stored. Just that I had to make sure that by almost immediately clamping the umbilical cord, it will not affect my baby.

Risks are everywhere and it is sure a headache when it comes to making sure you are making the right decision for your own child. 



No comments: