Monday, April 2, 2012

Complaints ?

Each time I feel like venting out my #firstworldissues, complaining about how unfair life is to me and all that jazz, I feel that I am being very thoughtless and stupid and just plain bimbo.

There are so many that are leading much more of a harder life, yet they do not complain.

The very thing they consider luxury, I may have taken it for granted that I no longer feel the appreciation.

That is when I stop, think about how its not such an issue I can't handle and that I, have indeed a good comfortable life afterall.

I have a child, a husband who works his ass off to make sure he earns enough to upkeep his son's medical and education, to upkeep my expenditure (although, that I do feel guilty at times when I go overboard with my online shopping sprees) loving parents who continuously showers me with affection and care despite me reaching that BIG THREE O and loving my two boys. What more could I ask for from such loving responsible people in my life?

I sometimes get depressed about not being able to go out there to work, and look in envy at my friends who are climbing up corporate ladders like nobody's business but then when I think about it, I know I am doing so much more staying at home and taking care of Jaden. I don't want to regret that its too late to help him recover while I slought my ass off in the office. Somehow, at times hormones do make you think crazy but when it all settles, I know where my priority lies and that is getting my son to recover, to climb out from the label autism.

I might not be attending events, I might not know whos who in the society anymore but I am learning other things too. I am picking up on medical terms and knowing what supplements helps my son tremendously and watching him do his firsts, the proud smile on his face when you praise him for being such a clever good boy. Well, I may not be rubbing shoulders with Miss Fashionable, or Mr I OWN BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS or the MD of abc International BUT I, too, have my own social life. I still get to make new friends, only that these are friends that are on the same war path as I am, fighting our way against time and autism for our children. We have our very own supportive teams of parents who are ever ready to share the good and bad of their experience. There is no competitive sphere over here, only encouragement. :)

I am really bad at housework and keeping the house spick and span, and he lets me order part time maid service to assist me. Laundry, he allows me to send most of his clothes to the laundry and have them ironed them. Instead of asking us to take bus rides, he buys us plane tickets when he, himself takes the bus. I can't cook for nuts and he is ok with us tapaoing food home (fyi: Jaden is excluded from tapaoing ok? GFCF diet remember?) How can I not be thankful for a husband like that? So being not able to leave home to join friends occasionally because he feels tired after all his work and wants a break and I get all emotionally depress? How thoughtless ! Although sometimes I feel a little bit cheated about the 'taking a break' part but still ... at least I am not squeezing my brain juices out how to bring in the next moolah for the months and years to come in order to let my family live comfortably?

So I guess, now before I want to complain, I think about how those people who are not living as luxurious as I am yet they are not complaining, and even better, happy with their life puts me to shame.

Therefore I shall learn to be more appreciative, grateful and be more humble in analyzing conditions before I simply blurt out diarrhea from my mouth.

Peace yo !

3 comments:

tanshuyin said...

Well said.
We are shit wives at times , but then i think most of the time we are ok. We still think n love our boys :)

Grace said...

Hi Emily, silent reader of yours. You're right..i'm a working mum juggling two kids and it's tough. The grass is not always greener on the other side. :)

I do have my fair share of complaints, but when i think of a friend who just died suddenly in an accident, or my relative who just died of cancer, it certainly put into perspective what's important in life. And i find my complaints are very trivial as compared to what others are going through. you may not know it, but others might be wishing to have your problems instead.

have a nice day! :)

blubbieMs said...

Hi Grace, I totally get what you mean .. thats why these days, I take each passing day and whatever that comes as a blessing in disguise. I especially like this quote " Instead of being angry you have a bad day, be glad you have the day " :)

Cheers.