Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sick Little Monster

I hardly offer rides to Hubby for work anymore. Its just that I find driving sometimes really stressful when it comes to going to KL and trying to come back from it.

KL / Midvalley / Up Hill Slope Jams are crazy for me. It gets me into my road rage mode ala stressed out max and then words that will stir the dead from their graves will come out from my mouth.

Yes, I can be quite foul-mouthed, usually happens only when I am driving. Guess driving does bring the worst out in me.

Anyway, the story is that after dropping Hubby off at Midvalley for his 2pm meeting, I used the Kerinchi Link way ro go home and as I was happily talking to Jaden and listening to the song played on Red.FM, suddenly I saw the light lit up on the dashboard.

Little Monster went dead in the middle of the road, well, our tyres were still practically rolling forward.. and then I tried to start the engine while in neutral gear. I think I have to turn the keys about two/three times (panic mode a bit) before it came to life and when I thought everything was ok, I saw the car temperature.

OM effing G !!

It is at H (the highest of the highest one can ever imagine!!!)

and then the engine dieded on me again, well.. I didn't want to risk anything unwanted (*touch wood -car meletup or whatsoever) so I quickly put on my double signal and steer my way to the left side of the road, making it barely to a corner, about 700m from the toll booth, where cars don't have to really come into my lane.


Little Monster first died here...


My heart pounded really fast. I panic. What now?? and my freaking phone credit was at its' lowest and I can't possibly take the risk to make some calls that will go unanswered or into voicemail. Yea, Hotlink is bitchy that way, even if its a 0.01second call, my credit still gets deducted like about RM0.49.

The first person that came to mind, was of course my Hubby who always solves my problem for me ... *ring ring ring* and then I put my phone down.

What can he possibly do? Take a cab out here and join me getting stranded? Or do I call someone that has a car and come and try to save Jaden and I?

So I chose the next best option, Hubby's friend who works at Midvalley area. Have to resort being the stingy caller and asked him to call me back urgently as soon as he picked up the phone.

Asked him if he is at Midvalley, and he replied, oh, Simon is right beside me.. but I told him I needed him to come save me at Kerinchi Link because my car died and the temperature shows H !!! eff-ing HHHHH !!!! Without hesitating, he said he will come now and off he went to buy water to come save us both mother and son.

Hubby did call me back after that, and went to buy reload for me. He could not come with his friend as he really had to attend that important meeting. Well, it was better for me that way in a way because I don't think I could take his scolding (well, he did mention to me to bring Little Monster for service some time last week but I brushed him off.. look at me now!) and stress over my beloved little monster.

So, both Jaden and I played the waiting game ... while I try to keep Jaden cool by fanning him with a paper-made fan. Luckily it just rained, so we had a little breeze coming in now and then and we were also shaded under the big concrete jalan above us.


Spring Highway Patrol fella came to assist


Just two minutes before Hubby's friend reached, the Sprint Highway patrol fella with his siren-lit motorcycle pulled up behind me and asked what happened and if he could help. He said, the most important thing right now is to try to maneuver the car more infront, nearer to toll because I am still quite in the red zone ( near th corner that some drivers might just be speeding and can't avoid my car in time). He asked how long have I waited in the car and I told him approximately 1/2 hr and he said, I could try starting my engine again, just to move in front a little and tried I did.

Little Monster did start for a while only to die down the next 10 seconds, but good enough to make it 200 metres in front, nearer to toll and more into the safety zone. *phew* Hubby's friend reached just in time when I pulled my handbrake.


Both men trying to figure out what is wrong with Little Monster

To cut the long story short, it was first really dried out of water... and then later, out of black oil which Hubby's friend had to go another round to buy black oil for me... and then Little Monster decided to just play dead! I can't even twist the key to make a sound!!!!

WTH???


Sprint Highway pickup truck came to jumpstart Little Monster


So the Sprint Highway Patrol fella had to call for backup and ask for a jumpstart wires.. 15-20 minutes later, came a pickup truck with an arrow lit up to ask cars to go right .. LOL


Jaden taking in all the aircon he can in Eddy's car


At this time, I have parked both Jaden and I in Hubby's friend's air-conditioned car. It was mostly for Jaden, the aircon. The men out there then tried to jumpstart the car and voila! It came to life after several tries, puffing out grey looking gas.

*sigh* well, as long as it moves.. I am ok with it.. and Hubby's friend offered to tail my car back to my house, just in case...

and what do you know?

as soon as I got into the car, pass the toll, and it shows me H again! What??!!!!

I called Hubby's friend to let him know the situation and boy, its crazy.. I managed to drive to The Star/Eastin Hotel toll there, ready to touch n go when it died on the spot right there and then!

YES! in the toll booth Little Monster decided to die, and the staff have to direct all other cars to other lanes while they pushed Little Monster to the front of the toll, parked her in between so they could open up the lane again and sat there I did, waiting again..

Called my mechanic up and told him of my situation. He then said most probably my water tank has leakage and its time to call the tow truck from my car insurance. Called daddy up, then called the nearest tow truck company and well, Little Monster was pushed to the side of the road again and well, waited again.


The second place Little Monster decided to die and well, guess it was time to tow it to the 'clinic'


Tow truck did reach quite fast, and just in time too, my Hubby and another friend of his reached me at the side of that toll.

By that time, it was about 445pm. Thankfully the jam has not started yet.

Moved a sleeping boy from one car to the latest arrived car and my hero for the day left for his appointment. We followed the tow truck back to the workshop and Hubby went down to discuss with the mechanics. Thankfully, Hubby was there to negotiate the pricing. IF not, confirm lah kena potong leher!

and so now, I am car-less till the mechanic calls .. and that also means about RM1.6k flying out from Hubby's pocket.

So, the moral of the story is ....

  • ALWAYS ALWAYS SEND THE CAR FOR SERVICE ( every 3 months )
  • ALWAYS ALWAYS INSURE YOUR CAR WITH SOME AWESOME CAR INSURANCE with a reliable insurance agent (i.e : my FATHER)

So yea, and that is how my wall post came about... little monster in the 'clinic' ... :(


p/s : and I thank God for my little cousin, I got to make it to Westlife concert that night ... thank God!


pp/ss: A BIG SHOUTOUT TO BOTH EDDYHAN AND JUSTIN FOR SAVING BOTH JADEN AND I , THANK YOU YOU BOTH!!!! THANK YOU EDDY!!!

No comments: