Friday, June 24, 2011

What to say and what Not to say

Was browsing through the net and came across this article written by Stuart Duncan and I find it so true.

There are limits to how we can handle our child, the amount of tolerance we put in but when ignorant people start making comments -unwelcomed ones, that could really blow our top maximum.

My fuse is not very good when it comes to people making unnecessary comments about Jaden. I mean, they could be making jokes about me, being mean to me but I am all okay with it but when it comes to Jaden, I guessed its the over-protective mother instinct kicking in. The most I would do is to stay away from them for good. No loss whatsoever with ignorant people out of my life anyway.

I am not even going to mention how Hubby's fuse is even more shorter than mine so I guessed its best to not say anything to us about Jaden when you have nothing good coming out from the mouth.

Jaden has showed some signs of more improvement after he started his ABA therapy and that really made me proud of him. He is willing to learn, albeit slower than other neurotypical children but his level of awareness and understanding is quite exceptional.

Now that we are starting to send him for Occupational Therapy, I hope we can start seeing more positive feedback from him but well.. too soon to tell as I feel he finds it a bit uncomfortable working with his OT therapist. She uses quite a different approach from his ABA therapists but well, the kid's gotta learn nothing is ever going be coated in sugar and spice for him throughout his life and this is only a really minor glitch in life.

No comments: